PDA

View Full Version : Voxalot Down???

pmerrill
06-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Can't seem to make outgoing calls work but some incoming calls are ok. It's happened twice now, this morning and yesterday morning. I also note that I have two DIDs, one pointing directly to my account at voxalot.com.au and another that I've registered via the provider setup. The one pointing directly to voxalot.com.au works for incoming calls but the one I've registered via voxalot fails with a two tone busy signal. Outgoing calls don't work at all and I've changed the provider on the voxalot dialplans with no success. Any ideas?

Ron
06-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Are you giving the calls enough time to go through? For some time now, I find it takes a minimum of 15 seconds for outgoing calls to start ringing. Often times it's much more and it appears that nothing is happening. If I wait long enough, they always seem to succeed.

Ron

affinity
06-30-2006, 03:38 AM
All my registered providers are coming up 'not registered'.

martin
06-30-2006, 03:49 AM
What about now?

affinity
06-30-2006, 04:05 AM
Sorry, it was 'unregistered', now it is 'request sent'.

affinity
06-30-2006, 04:40 AM
All registered okay now.

martin
06-30-2006, 04:57 AM
Ok that is good.

We have had to turn off the registrations for evoip as they were affecting the system due to what appears to be DNS problems on their side.

We will also code some enhancements over the weekend to stop this from affecting VoXaLot in the future.

pmerrill
06-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Are you giving the calls enough time to go through? For some time now, I find it takes a minimum of 15 seconds for outgoing calls to start ringing. Often times it's much more and it appears that nothing is happening. If I wait long enough, they always seem to succeed.

Ron

Ron, my problem was sorted as it turned out that voxalot had a problem. Having said that I'm curious why it takes up to 30 seconds to hear the ringing tone? I tried a test call tonight and it worked ok but it did take a long time before the ringing started. Why is that???

martin
06-30-2006, 02:49 PM
We are now trialing a new performance setting on voxalot.com.au and voxalot.com. Please let us know your feedback

Ron
06-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Martin,

It's still taking between 15 and 30 seconds, depending on the provider, for calls to start ringing at the destination.

Ron

martin
07-01-2006, 12:28 AM
What about now?

Ron
07-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Martin,

Very quick now (average is about 3 seconds). Thanks for the fix!

Ron

miles
07-01-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm still having trouble with the dialplan and web callback. See my earlier post 'Dialplan Not Working'. After 30 seconds and sometimes up to a minute all I get is a short ring and then silence. The providers have logged the calls and charged me for them. When I connect to them directly there is no problem.

martin
07-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Great thx Ron,

@Miles I posted a response in your other thread.

evilbunny
07-01-2006, 04:21 PM
We have had to turn off the registrations for evoip as they were affecting the system due to what appears to be DNS problems on their side.

I reported this as a bug against asterisk a while back as I had the same issue when a provider's internet link went down in a screaming heap and asterisk should have a hard timeout on DNS of about 2 seconds since they can't seem to do parallel lookup threads and have things occur in the background without locking...

But of course my bug is ignored as usual since it's not an easy fix...

martin
07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
they can't seem to do parallel lookup threads and have things occur in the background without locking...

But of course my bug is ignored as usual since it's not an easy fix...

It's a shame they don't fix this. This is the second time this has affected VoXaLot :(

Anyway we are now performing sanity checks of hostnames within the web application before they get to Asterisk.

Unfortunately though, we are treating the symptom and not the true cause :(