PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Use Voxalot

pujitha
06-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Hi,

Could someone please help.

I have tried to use Voxalot using my Grandstram HT496 and also via the web. But I was not successful with both methods.

1. I configured my HT496 for the server voxalot.com.au and also tried voxalot.com. Both did not work. I have active accounts with VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP. I configured the dial plans as explained in the tutorial but could not take calls. I get the dial tone but when I dial a number I get a message saying that the call cannot be connected. What could be the reason?

2. I tried to use VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP to take calls via the web without using my HT496. The first number rings (i.e. my PSTN number) but fails to connect to the other party. What could be the reason?

Thanks.

Pujitha

Ron
06-16-2006, 06:19 AM
1. I configured my HT496 for the server voxalot.com.au and also tried voxalot.com. Both did not work. I have active accounts with VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP. I configured the dial plans as explained in the tutorial but could not take calls. I get the dial tone but when I dial a number I get a message saying that the call cannot be connected. What could be the reason?

Do you get the expected results when you type in a test number at the bottom of the Dial Plan page? In order to assist you, we'd need you to post your Dial Plan so we can have a look.

2. I tried to use VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP to take calls via the web without using my HT496. The first number rings (i.e. my PSTN number) but fails to connect to the other party. What could be the reason?

All three of those providers are really the same outfit only support Web Callback on one leg of the call. Try calling a PSTN number via one of those providers and something like *393613 (FWD Echo Test) through Sip Broker for the other leg and see if you don't have success.

Ron