PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Users Required

martin
04-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi,

We are currently working on a Mobile Call-back service that leverages our web call-back.

We are after some testers that have WAP enabled phones / PDAs.

If you are interested, can you please PM me your VoXaLot 6 digit number along with your Device Information.

Thanks.

ildo
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi
I have a nokia 6680 and a gprs 3g account in vodafone (Portugal), i´m availabel to make same testes. I tried whit opera and work´s fine.
Thank´s

foneboxx
04-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi,
Made a test from my HTC Wizard (actually Pocket PC). Worked fine here! Hope this helps!

martin
04-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys, in the next few days though we will be releasing into beta test our new WAP based version of the callback.

This is what we are after testers for.

Thanks for confirming the existing stuff.

krisch
04-21-2006, 08:01 AM
My Nokia WAP browser is waiting... :)

martin
05-12-2006, 06:53 AM
VoXaLot Communications are proud to announce the beta release of their new mobile phone / PDA callback service.

A tutorial for this service is available HERE (http://www.voxalot.com/action/static?task=display&itemOID=41)

Essentially, to use this service, logon to the Web-Callback interface using your browser (www.voxalot.com/action/webCall) and add your contacts. Once added, from your mobile phone / PDA access:

http://mobile.voxalot.com

Comments / issues in this thread please

yaman
05-12-2006, 07:00 AM
martin,

i click on the provided link and i do enter my login and password and than i have the link "mobile-callbak" when i click i see the "home" and if i click on home it take back to the same place

thanks

maxalot
05-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Ok guys the mobile callback is ready. Use the Web-Callback interface that is currently available to add contacts and once added, from your mobile phone / PDA the test URL is:

http://mobile.voxalot.com/action/login

Comments / issues in this thread please

After login the screen all I get is
Mobile Call-Back
Logout

which takes me to a ascreen that says

Home
©2006 H.A. Enterprises Pty Ltd

martin
05-12-2006, 07:07 AM
martin,

i click on the provided link and i do enter my login and password and than i have the link "mobile-callbak" when i click i see the "home" and if i click on home it take back to the same place

thanks

Yes you need to add contacts. Use your browser to add call-back entries:

www.voxalot.com/action/webCall

Then try again with the mobile phone. You should then see the contacts you added.

ataboy
05-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I have added contacts and checked that they work with the web browser. With my PDA (Treo 650) when I click on the contact it drops me back to the

"Mobile Call-Back
Logout"

screen and doesn't set up the call.

ataboy

martin
05-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Interesting. That behaviour is like clicking on the "Home" link on the same page. Thanks for the report.

Ron
05-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't know if this is interesting, but I'll pass it along anyway...

Mobile Web Callback works for me using regular Internet Explorer from my PC (I don't own a PDA to test with).

Sorry if this is useless info.

Ron

andy
05-12-2006, 09:35 AM
I just made a 5 (ok 6 and 8) second call on the phone book entry I'd already set up the other day. It took a few seconds to connect, with your call is being initiated on the screen. Works fine - looks good

This is on a modest phone - Nokia 3120

If I tick the Remember me box does it keep a cookie and log in automatically?

martin
05-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Mobile Web Callback works for me using regular Internet Explorer from my PC (I don't own a PDA to test with).

Hi Ron,

Yes we opted to used mobile XHTML which is recognisable by most browsers.

@andy, if you tick the "Remember Me" box it should enable you to go directly to the main menu next time you access:

Thanks

ataboy
05-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Interesting. That behaviour is like clicking on the "Home" link on the same page. Thanks for the report.

I think I may have caused some of my own problems. I was using numbers which are ENUMed by my vsp and I suspect I might have set up some sort of loop. I have now set up completely a new set of numbers and the call set up perfectly using my Treo.

This looks like an excellent service.

ataboy

martin
05-12-2006, 10:56 AM
The main URL into VoXaLot Mobile services (including Call-Back) is:

We are interested in capturing a list of devices that support the "Remember Me?" feature. Please post your findings.

Thanks.

krisch
05-12-2006, 12:47 PM
+ 1,

I have done the recommended settings, but a test with Firefox webbrowser failed. :mad: It doesn't initiate the call.

Cheers, krisch

krisch
05-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I just tried again, without changes in the settings : ... now it works ! :)

Excellent !
Next is using my Nokia phone.

Cheers, krisch

krisch
05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi again,

After a couple of tests I do confirm that the service works fine:

+ Calls initiated and established as expected
+ Login memorized on the phone (Nokia 6021)

One point should be indicated to potential users:
If one for whatever reason initiates a call to his own cellular phone, he needs setting the dial delay to a reasonable value, in order to have the time for disconnecting the phone and answering the call. Otherwise the call goes to the cellular phone voicemail...

A suggestion: Once the login has been memorized with the browser (‘remember me’), it would be nice coming for the next session directly to the screen with the 'Callback Phonebook'.

[edit] Found the solution:
Once the login has been done and memorized, just change the internet address to
http://mobile.voxalot.com/action/webCall

Cheers, krisch

PS: The service is a great idea !!!

fozzie
05-13-2006, 01:01 PM
My Orange (HTC) C500 Smartphone works fine with the "Remember Me" setting.

andy
05-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Nokia 3120 doesn't seem to Remember Me

reader
05-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Somewhere I saw a service where you initiate the call by sending a text message from your mobile with a PIN and the two phone numbers. Those without WAP could use it then.

Any chance of this in the future?

martin
05-22-2006, 03:07 AM
Any chance of this in the future?

It is something we have been discussing and there is a good possibility of it happening once we evaluate the security issues.

reader
05-22-2006, 03:30 AM
It is something we have been discussing and there is a good possibility of it happening once we evaluate the security issues.

Thanks Martin.
VoXaLot Rocks aLot! ..I'll write your ads :)

ThaiConnection
05-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi Martin,

Any intention to provide sms callback, I think it is much better for business traveller as GPRS roaming is not available in some countries (anyway it is usually more expensive to use GPRS when roaming).

reader
05-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Any intention to provide sms callback,
That question was asked and answered above -
http://forum.voxalot.com/showpost.php?p=1045&postcount=22
"text message from your mobile" means SMS

andy
05-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I didn't get the remember me function on the Nokia 7600 either. Cookies are switched on, so do you have any ideas why it doesn't work?

mouzaia
05-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Hello all,

I am just testing the call back with my treo, using Directcentrex and Free (in france), it works perfectly, including the rememberme stuff. And using voxalot/action/webCall, I am direct on my adresses. Fantastic. Thanks.

ThaiConnection
05-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Manage to get both phones connected on Sony ericsson T610 when I select from the phonebook after login. But error message appear on my wap browser saying that the page cannot be properly display and both parties cannot hear each other.

May try on other mobile phones. Anyone tested this new feature on xphoneII?

ThaiConnection
05-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi Martin,

Is it possible for me to use nowsms on my end to run http request on your web callback system?

andy
07-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Is there more experience now of which phones work with the cookies on there? It's a bit boring logging in each time; presumably some people go straight to their phonebook

martin
07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I know the Nokia E61 works. Any others ppl?

craig
07-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Just confirmed that that ETEN M600+ running Windows Mobile 5.0 works just fine (and the cookies keep me logged in).

--
Craig

xisdn
07-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Works great on a SonyEricsson K750i

affinity
07-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I just did my first actual wap service... it worked fine with my V3x and the cookies worked too. This is excellent.

I actually have a 3 mobile that currently has a 12 month free diversion of a local number, so I can be mobile and call two local numbers for an untimed mobile call!

pleiades
08-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I just did my first actual wap service... it worked fine with my V3x and the cookies worked too. This is excellent.

I also have a v3x but am having a problem. I can load mobile.voxalot.com without trouble, but after a successful login and selecting Mobile Call-Back, the page I see is:

Home

Home
©2006 H. A. Enterprises Pty Ltd

affinity
08-27-2006, 01:10 PM
I also have a v3x but am having a problem. I can load mobile.voxalot.com without trouble, but after a successful login and selecting Mobile Call-Back, the page I see is:

Home

Home
©2006 H. A. Enterprises Pty Ltd
Do you have any web callback phone book entries setup ready to use?

affinity
08-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I just had to re-enter my settings again.... had remember me before and did remember me again.... anyway the call worked fine for me.

pleiades
08-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Do you have any web callback phone book entries setup ready to use?
Doh! Thanks for that, its now working! This is going to save me thousands and mobile roaming charges :):):)

Another issue. I tried https://mobile.voxalot.com and the certificate is mismatched with the domain. Its annoying needing to accept each request for a mismatched domain every time. Also, I'd feel better about logging in over ssl rather than in the clear.

Finally, it would be great to be able to add/edit Web Call-Back entries via mobile.voxalot.com too.

affinity
08-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Good point on https, I never thought about it. I never use telnet unless I have to though, ssh all the way.

Oh and I'm very happy that I could help!

martin
08-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Doh! Thanks for that, its now working! This is going to save me thousands and mobile roaming charges :):):)

Another issue. I tried https://mobile.voxalot.com and the certificate is mismatched with the domain. Its annoying needing to accept each request for a mismatched domain every time. Also, I'd feel better about logging in over ssl rather than in the clear.

Finally, it would be great to be able to add/edit Web Call-Back entries via mobile.voxalot.com too.

Yes thanks for point this out. Our certificate needs to be multiserver (currently only www.voxalot.com). We will make a note of this thanks.

lisaco1
10-08-2006, 06:00 AM
voxalot number 712619

I've been trying out this service with 2 canadian carriers 1 GPRS and 1 1X CDMA

This feature works perfectly. even after your server upgrade.

I must report that using this service through GPRS in more convenient since I don't need to quit WAP Browsing to allow incoming calls. Unlike with 1x I must disconnect wap browsing.

I'm willing to help you guys with more beta testing with this revolutionary feature. Both in Canada in USA. I have service hired in Both countries. My voxalot number is 712619

I'd say is more convenient this feature through WAP with voxalot than using SMS like other companies do. NO NEED TO HIRE LOCAL DID'S.

Thanks for your clever ideas come to life

Lisandro

raphoumail
10-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Yes, your're right but ....

In a lot European countries, using your cellphone to browse the Internet costs a lot money !!!

For exemple :

Volume € 0.4132/100KB
or
Time € 0,15/min

Using a free did connected to voxalot which call back the CID using a selected provider (like in freepbx) would be more convenient for a lot of users whose providers charge like hell.

Edit : In Belgium, Proximus. You rave also plans : €15 for 10 MB, €15 for 3h or €55 for 1GB....PER MOUNTH

lisaco1
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Yes, your're right but ....

In a lot European countries, using your cellphone to browse the Internet costs a lot money !!!

For exemple :

Volume € 0.4132/100KB
or
Time € 0,15/min

Using a free did connected to voxalot which call back the CID using a selected provider (like in freepbx) would be more convenient for a lot of users whose providers charge like hell.

Edit : In Belgium, Proximus. You rave also plans : €15 for 10 MB, €15 for 3h or €55 for 1GB....PER MOUNTH

That's why I'm talking about USA and Canada where WAP BROWSER is unlimited use for $ 6.00, also incoming calls to mobile phones are local calls. BIG DIFFERENCE for using mobile web callback. LISANDRO

raphoumail
10-08-2006, 11:24 PM
That's why I'm talking about USA and Canada where WAP BROWSER is unlimited use for $ 6.00, also incoming calls to mobile phones are local calls. BIG DIFFERENCE for using mobile web callback. LISANDRO

WAW !!!! I know now what I'm missing ;-)

rossmurray
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Manage to get both phones connected on Sony ericsson T610 when I select from the phonebook after login. But error message appear on my wap browser saying that the page cannot be properly display and both parties cannot hear each other.

May try on other mobile phones. Anyone tested this new feature on xphoneII?

I haven't setup phonebook online yet but on testing web access on my t610 and I can't even login due to error screens on both options. Maybe this is a firmware issue. I know some new services like Opera and the BBC's news ticker don't work for this reason.

I therefore would also love the sms option as even roaming sms costs are nothing.. well not much compared to a fullblown international call charge! Paypal also now offer sms payments via registration. I can topup any mobile from mine with a pin. Please keep following this angle too! :cool:

ptruman
10-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I can test this if you like - I'm using a Moto Z8
(can PM you my Voxalot number if you like)

emoci
10-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I can test this if you like - I'm using a Moto Z8
(can PM you my Voxalot number if you like)

This feature is now in full release (you probably didn't notice the posts above are from 2006:)), you can check it out at mobile.voxalot.com