Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-27-2008, 02:45 AM   #1
darrenultra

darrenultra is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot forwarding when offline

Hi,

This is my situation:
I have two local geographic numbers registered with two different localphone accounts. These are for two small businesses I run. I intend buying some kind of voip capable Nokia phone (perhaps the E51) to receive calls on these numbers. I don't want to carry two mobiles so I will also be receiving my personal calls on this phone too.
Because of this I have decided to feed my localphone numbers through voxalot, which allows me to block calls from my localphone numbers between 17:00 and 09:00. This is a really nice feature. It will stop me slurring my way through conversations with customers after 6 pints on a Saturday night.

Because I move about quite a bit I am not always covered by WIFI. I therefore also need to ensure that when my phone is offline, calls are forwarded to my normal mobile phone number. Whereas Localphone has a redirect if unavailable feature, this seems to be missing from Voxalot.

I'm kind of hoping some one has a nifty little trick that will allow me to keep the 'forward if unavailable' feature of Localphone despite the fact that I am using it in conjunction with Voxalot. I was hoping that I could set up this VOIP system without having to buy any hardware (apart from the VOIP compatible mobile phone).

Has anyone else been in my position and come up with some kind of genius solution that doesn't require lots of time and money?! Come on ...impress me!
darrenultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I posted late last year asking for something similar - I want to forward to my landline if my internet connection goes down.
Take a look at the thread as I did find a way to set up my landline with pbxes as an extension of voxalot for incoming calls so it rings at the same time as my voxalot internet connection. I ran into problems though as pbxes was answering incoming calls with an error message saying "all circuits are busy" so I stopped using it.

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...k-service.html

This would be a really useful feature for me but things seem a bit slow now though when it comes to new features.

Last edited by chatalot; 06-14-2008 at 09:20 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road

I set up PBXes to register as a client at my Voxalot account in parallel to my ATA, and it rings every time with no problem.

But it would be nice if Voxalot offered its own failover mechanism... I suppose Voxalot can detect that there's no active registered client on incoming call...

Last edited by 325xi; 06-14-2008 at 10:23 PM.
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
sprinter

sprinter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
I set up PBXes to register as a client at my Voxalot account in parallel to my ATA, and it rings every time with no problem.

But it would be nice if Voxalot offered its own failover mechanism... I suppose Voxalot can detect that there's no active registered client on incoming call...
Can you please share how you did this? I'm very new to VoIP, and would appreciate a tutorial on your setup.

Thanks!
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Can you please share how you did this? I'm very new to VoIP, and would appreciate a tutorial on your setup.

Thanks!
Well, I don't think I can really do a tutorial (no time, sorry), but if you study priceless emoci's tutorials, especially those that use PBXes you'll get a picture.

In PBXes you simply create a trunk for Voxalot, as you would do for any real VoIP provider. So when call comes to Voxalot, it simulates "provider" for PBXes, so PBXes receives it as any other call. And if your ATA or softphone is registered with PBXes you can make it 'ring' out of that call...
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote