Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
andy

andy will become famous soon enough
Default Changes at IPKall

I expect that several members here have used the free DID numbers from IPKall, which can be pointed at a sip address.

I just read on another forum that IPKall numbers will no longer accept incoming calls that have no caller ID.

I made a series of a dozen test calls in a few minutes, getting 5 different results, from a Voipbuster account that was sending a UK number as ID. And some direct-dialled calls from UK and German mobiles.

This thread on Voxilla forums contains the announcement by IPKall, and I've just replied that they appear to have some caller ID issues themselves, having clipped my UK number at both ends.

What is also annoying is being charged for the announcement that they refuse to connect the call.

IPKall Blocking calls with No ANI/CallerID Number. - Voxilla VoIP Forum
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

thats very annoying, every international call i try gets identified as anonymous. seems the same old issue with caller ids longer then 10 digits or even every caller id with an international prefix.
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

since theres obviously no solution in sight for the caller id problem (even with normal us cells the caller id detection of ipkall works only 3 out of 4) ive changed the us number to sipnumber/freedigits forwarded to voxalot.

i hate the 641 area code number, however there no such thing as an real alternative.
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote