Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
vientito

vientito is on a distinguished road
Default works with pstn gateway but not with voip phone

If one could use pstn gateway to call up a registered voxalot voip ata yet it could not be reached by all other voxalot registered voip ata elsewhere, what likely is the problem?

The said device is before any other router for the lan so I could rule out all firewall issues.

When I call in with a voip ata, all I hear is silence after pickup. It is mutual silence not the usual 1-way silence. I could hear only ring tone before pickup.
vientito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
vientito

vientito is on a distinguished road

Just resolve the issue so wanna post a note here for future reference for others

It turns out that machine public IP address is not reachable for some reason (a fact that probably concerns the public gateway) without designating a media relay outbound proxy the direct RTP could not really be establlished. Thus I changed the voxalot account back to the default (which takes mediarelay) and specify my ATA to use outbound proxy then call goes through.

For some reason, that public IP is traceable in a number of institutions from various countries yet it is not visible from my provider's network. I don't even know whose fault it is since it has been working for years without issue.
vientito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
ChyrillStucker

ChyrillStucker is on a distinguished road

Hello,

This one second pause is generally due to low quality routes. I prefer you change your routes from grey level to gold-class routes. Your issue would certainly be looked after.
ChyrillStucker is offline   Reply With Quote