Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
casch

casch is on a distinguished road
Default can't register my ata anymore - can one check?

Hi,
back from Abu Dhabi - where i several times unsuccessfully tried to set up my WLAN-ata to work - even here in Vienna/Autria/Europe this WLAN-ata fails to regesiter constantly at voxalot: "Authentication failed at the register server" it says all the time.

May be you should know that a chinese Company set up the telefone service of etisalat the one and only Emirates telephone company providing an Internet service that blocks systematically Voip (eg Skype)! Even the newspapers wrote about this! In Abu Dhabi the error message of my ata said: "resolving the internet address failed" which made me entering and trying various DNS server (e.g. OpenDNS) but none of these changed anything. I even tried to enter instead of the "eu.voxalot.com" its ip-address (85.17.19.195) - which didn't work either.

Maybe my continous tries changed s.th. in my account at the register-server? I can login into my account via internet, I changed my password, used my other account - notrhing but more of the same: "The authentication at the register server failed".

My register server is eu.voxalot.com:5060, resolving works.

Thanks in advvance,
Carl
Unread 04-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Post the settings of your ATA. Describe your network topology. Check your password and if possible try to connect with a softphone from your PC and see if you're able to register/make calls.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
casch

casch is on a distinguished road
Default solved ..

Just soplved it.
Ma ata has an entry Username and another one called Auth.Name. If I set the Username to s.th. else than my Login name while the Auth.name is still my coorect Login.name I can't register (Auth. failed). Only if both User and Auth name are the same and my valid Login.name I can register.

Thanks and sorry,
Calli
Unread 04-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
jilljill

jilljill is on a distinguished road

hi.. how u bypass etisalat ?
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote