Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
Bedlore

Bedlore is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forward / Caller ID pass through

I have one MyNetFone (MNF) account that Voxalot is now registering with. Previously when I used MNF to call forward to a POT the callers ID remained intact thus the POT reciever would see the true callers ID.

Now that I'm use Voxalot to forward the call the true callers ID gets lost and my MNF account number is shown to the POT receiver. Is this configurable, being worked on by Voxalot or do I now just have to learn to live without caller ID working?

Cheers
Bedlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 04:08 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlore View Post
I have one MyNetFone (MNF) account that Voxalot is now registering with. Previously when I used MNF to call forward to a POT the callers ID remained intact thus the POT reciever would see the true callers ID.

Now that I'm use Voxalot to forward the call the true callers ID gets lost and my MNF account number is shown to the POT receiver. Is this configurable, being worked on by Voxalot or do I now just have to learn to live without caller ID working?

Cheers
The only reason this used to work before, was because the forwarding was being done directly by MNF ... (they were receiving the CID directly from the caller)

Most consumer-grade providers will not willingly pass off any Caller ID sent to them by a registered device (or service in VoXalot's case) since spoofing can have legal repercussions.

The issue at hand is that MNF sees a Call Forward from VoXalot the same way it sees a call placed by you via VoXalot, as an outgoing call.

There maybe one way to get around this, if you still want to use MNF for forwarding.

When you want to forward calls:
1. Set the forwarding up on MNF as you used to do before.
2. When setting up forwarding in VoXalot, rather then chosing to forward to a phone number, choose to forward to a SIP URI, your MNF SIP URI
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote