Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 10-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen
Default Sipbroker to e164.org down?

I tried calling my e164.org registered number and I am getting a fast busy.

I am preceeding it with a * and without a *.

I have verified that the sip uri used also work, although to add them to e164.org they have to be verified through their system anway.
Thank you
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 12:57 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

SIP Broker uses this ENUM lookup:

SIPBroker - ENUM Lookup

Enter the number you are trying to call and verify the result is as expected.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
kieranmullen

Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

Hello,

The results are as expected in the lookup. The same sip uri has also been verified by calling using gizmoproject.com from an ip address outside of my lan (I have several static ips)

To be fair it just went through 3 times.. Then it starting missing again. it is hit or miss.

it would be nice to have a intelligent error system. sorry but the number you entered XXXXX is not in the system... just in case it is taking one digit as 2

KieranMullen
Unread 10-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
kieranmullen

Just to confirm I have tried from my voip line but sometimes the PSTN tones dont come out right so I went ahead and called from my cell phone.

Without getting any decent feedback from the sipbroker phone system to self diagnose this issue, I can only assume a couple of possibilities. (I am sure there are others) Since it is sporadic, perhaps a server is timing out waiting for the e164 servers? or Perhaps it is inserting double digits in the PSTN codes some place? Or perhaps it is due the speed I am entering the numbers? Can it take them fast or slow?
Unread 12-31-2008, 04:29 AM   #5
capitandanny

capitandanny is on a distinguished road
Default Sipbroker to e164.org down?

I am fairly new into this area, but have the impression that something is not right with sipbroker and e164. I have been using voxalot and sipbrokers for several months with no problems, today I decide to register my numbers with e164. For a few hours is was working (and I was really happy), but suddenly I start receiving a busy signal, even when I call the voxalot number directly *010 xxxxxx, doing my trial an error I remove one of the numbers that I register and when I try again was working again without any problem. Does anybody have any idea about this behavior?. Thanks.
capitandanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
kieranmullen

I always wondered why there is little mention of e164.org on this site anyway? Since voxalot is not a VOIP terminator you think it would not hurt their business to promote e164.org? The more e164.org is promoted the more hopefully people will ad their numbers. I think e164.org is not used as much as it could be.