Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
psmammoth

psmammoth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Our support ticket with LeaseWeb is still unresolved.

We have attempted to turn around this problem quickly, however it is only within the past hour that we have received a response to our original ticket.

Unfortunately we only have one server in the eu cluster and it is hosted with LeaseWeb.

I assure you all we are trying our best to fix this problem but at the moment we are still unable to reach our server.

I will keep you posted as things progress with this problem.
Bad service from LeaseWeb. Do you not have an SLA with them ?
psmammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
dfisbein

dfisbein is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosalbffgomes View Post
I'm not knowing where you live, but Voxalot customer support is better than the customer support you can get in Portugal (and also, in Brazil, despite in some aspects this is better than you can get in Portugal!), with the «Big Ones» (Portugal Telecom, Sonae Telecom, Brasil Telecom, and so on). With Voxalot I really appreciate the fact that you can get technical specification and knowing that the platform is technically opened. Usually, in Brazil, and much much worse in Portugal, you get a service where you pay (a lot) and you can not do with it some advanced use. I may say that, from my personal experience, customer support knows much less than you (with me this is the case) and no one gives you a solution to your problem if you try to make an advanced use of the service. Normally, these providers don't obey to standards and it is not unusual to block any kind of use outside from a very restricted options. For example, you can't get a portuguese DID for personal use. Theoretical, you can, but... No providers offers it to you (paying!), unless you use their expensive and closed network. This is the case of «Portugal Telecom», for example. So, you can't use this providers with some kind of PBX as Voxalot. I may be wrong but I don't think Voxalot is guilty for the problems with the Leaseweb providers. I've seen some complaints about Leaseweb on the net. You can google it.
Regards,
Carlos Alberto,

Leave your passions to your personal relations. In these cases it is better to have your brain “cold”.

For example, you complain about the bad way of working of some big VoIP providers, when I just said that there are some small VoIP providers that make their work better than Voxalot.

Also, if in Portugal or Brazil all VoIP providers give you a bad service you can use a VoIP provider of another country. This technology allows it. I live in Spain, but my providers have no offices here.

If there were some complaints of LeaseWeb in the net, why Voxalot did not change them before this very bad issue happened? Moreover, had Voxalot any emergency procedure related to this kind of problem?

Last but not least, it is regrettable that more than 48 hours from the mstolle post, I still receiving timeouts in the pings to eu.voxalot.com.
dfisbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

My answer is simply describing a fact. And, I must say, I'm not using none of the referred VoIP providers. So, if you don't like a service, no one obliges you to use it. That's the case with Voxalot or any other.
I don't know the real cause of the problem with the EU Server. I must say that the provider that leases to Voxalot US server seams to do a better job, so I'm using it. But don't read in my words something that I didn't said.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #14
awjkok

awjkok is on a distinguished road
Default Leaseweb problem or Voxalot problem

Hi,

When I noticed eu.voxalot.com was down. I contacted Leaseweb, they informed me they can only act on the request of a know e-mail address: "In order to handle this request we need an identified e-mailt." Nevertheless I later got the following reply: "Hello, As far as we can see the host is up. I cannot check the server without permission of our customer. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue."
So apparently they were waiting for some response form Voxalot. I forwarded my correspondence with Leaseweb to info@voxalot.com but still no reply.

Maybe Voxalot should authorize a few dedicated users to raise a support ticket when a server goes down, We are the first ones to notice if anything is wrong. Personally I live near Amsterdam were Leaseweb's data centers are, I won't mind keeping backup (server) at home and take it to Leaseweb if anything goes wrong.
awjkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

As I mentioned in a previous post LeaseWeb support ticket ts #516550 was raised almost 48 hours ago and we are still awaiting a response as to what the problem is.

Until we can reach our server we are unable to do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjkok View Post
Hi,

When I noticed eu.voxalot.com was down. I contacted Leaseweb, they informed me they can only act on the request of a know e-mail address: "In order to handle this request we need an identified e-mailt." Nevertheless I later got the following reply: "Hello, As far as we can see the host is up. I cannot check the server without permission of our customer. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue."
So apparently they were waiting for some response form Voxalot. I forwarded my correspondence with Leaseweb to info@voxalot.com but still no reply.

Maybe Voxalot should authorize a few dedicated users to raise a support ticket when a server goes down, We are the first ones to notice if anything is wrong. Personally I live near Amsterdam were Leaseweb's data centers are, I won't mind keeping backup (server) at home and take it to Leaseweb if anything goes wrong.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
Very bad if LeaseWeb is waiting for Customer to cry to get response. LeaseWeb does not seems to be very professional. Due to this voxalot is also loosing its good name. EU server has most troubles than others AU & US servers. Here is blog of similir customer of LeaseWeb Leaseweb Review - A Bad Experience

I am hoping & praying that EU server come alive soon.

If any professional services are relying on EU voxalot, I can't beleave 72 hours without service.

I think EU user should persuad voxalot for better webhosting.

Regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Wow, how long has this been now? Thankfully Voxalot has the other servers we can switch over to! I can imagine this is pretty frustrating for the voxalot support team too!! Hopefully leaseweb gets this fixed soon!

Is there a way we can view the ticket status? Just out of curiosity...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #18
dfisbein

dfisbein is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosalbffgomes View Post
My answer is simply describing a fact. And, I must say, I'm not using none of the referred VoIP providers. So, if you don't like a service, no one obliges you to use it. That's the case with Voxalot or any other.
I don't know the real cause of the problem with the EU Server. I must say that the provider that leases to Voxalot US server seams to do a better job, so I'm using it. But don't read in my words something that I didn't said.
Regards,
Carlos Alberto,

You have to have more coherence in your posts. For example, you said today that yesterday you were “simply describing a fact”, when your main target of yesterday was just to defend Voxalot not regarding that they were doing the things very bad.

Besides, yesterday you told some issues of VoIP providers of Portugal and Brazil. I am not just surprised by the fact that these issues had a little relation with the problem that we were discussing in this forum. I am also surprised because whereas yesterday you were talking “from your personal experience” today you said that “you are not using any of the referred VoIP providers”. I do not know how to understand this contradiction!

Maybe will help you to read more times your former posts and the posts that you are answering. In this way you can avoid some mistakes that you are doing repeatedly. I am not just talking about your confusion of yesterday related to small and big VoIP providers. Today you invite me to leave Voxalot, not remembering that yesterday I told in a clear way that I was thinking of this one!

I am afraid that you think that it is good to write posts in a forum, not regarding what to tell there. Also, that your obligation is to defend Voxalot as if you were the owner of this company, not regarding that one of the objectives of a forum is to reflect.
dfisbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir,

First of all, this is my last post about an issue that is lateral with the main topic here being discussed. And, no, there is no contradiction in my words when I talk about my personal experience and say that I'm not using the referred VoIP providers (some of them are PSTN providers and I was talking mainly about, in the beginning of the post, customer support): simply because I've tested them (or I know who have done it) and my impression is what I've posted. But you can try it for your self and see.
I'm not defending Voxalot in the way you might be thinking. But I'm not attacking it either before I have all data. And, I must say, when this issue happened I've done some research, discovering several complains about Leaseweb, exactly as it has been referred above. You can do your research and find the same.
Until being proved the other way round, I don't think Voxalot directly responsible for EU Server being down. It's all. Read my words and think. No more comments and no, I'm not being incoherent. Maybe you are not being able to follow my thinking, that's all.
Regards,

Last edited by carlosalbffgomes; 02-17-2009 at 08:58 PM.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #20
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

awjkok - I fail to see why you take it upon yourself to contact their provider? Are you honestly that naive to think that for some reason they would listen to a complete stranger and reboot the server of another client not based on credentials but your word? Are you some hidden mod there that the users here do not know about ? It seems very presumptuous of you to think that you somehow have a right to contact their provider.

(forgive me if you are a hidden mod that just joined a month ago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjkok View Post
Hi,

Last edited by kieranmullen; 02-18-2009 at 02:44 AM.
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote