Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
rovert

rovert is on a distinguished road
Default au.voxalot.com fails but IP OK

Hi,

I am not using Voxalot for multiple VSP registrations on an ATA, instead I am using it for trying out URL dialling and calling my IP phone direct from the SIP Broker PSTN gateway.

When I try to register my Voxalot account on a Snom190 or Snom 300 IP phone using au.voxalot.com as the Registrar it fails (tried on both phones). But if I use the IP address 202.60.88.238 it registers OK.

I don't have any problem with other VSP's on the phones using the DNS names.

I found reference to proxy01.au1.sipbroker.com in the phones DNS cache . When I use this as the Registrar it works OK. (in fact there were 2 "A" entries in the DNS cache - au.voxalot.com and proxy01.au1.voxalot.com)

Is this a phone problem or an ADSL router problem or a SIPBroker problem ?

I use the IP address of my ADSL router as the DNS entry in the phones as this give no problems with my Trixbox server and various other IP phones with other VSP's.

I even tried using my ISP's DNS server IP address directly in the Snom phones, but Voxalot still does not register with au.voxalot.com

Where do I start looking to solve this issue ?

Trevor
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote