Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Tylo

Tylo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Blocking or Blacklisting/whitelisting incoming calls

Is there a way (or a feature that might be in the pipeline) to Blacklist or whitelist incoming calls..

I've put about 5-6 friends on voxalot and they are the only ones i'd like to be able to receive calls from.

I have a fairly easy/simple voxalot number (I guess one of the perks to being an early adopter) but the downside i've noticed is that it ends up being one that people randomly dial when they decide to try out voxalot.

I get random calls from newbies wanting to see if their phone is working etc.

While I politely ask them not to disturb me, I keep getting calls at all hours of the day and night -- A while ago I had a caller who kept trying my number between 3-5 am for a few days in a row -- I attempted to call them back during my daylight hours, to politely ask them to not call me but they didn't answer..

While this was a once in a blue moon occurrence, it's obvious that voxalot is getting more popular as now it's becoming a regular annoyance -- (I had a final at 8am at uni 2 days ago and got woken up at 4:30am from another random dialer!)..

Is this only me with these problems or is there anyone else out there running into this issue?

Cheers.
Tylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylo View Post
Is there a way (or a feature that might be in the pipeline) to Blacklist or whitelist incoming calls..
This is what the premium "Call Connection Rules" feature can do. Essentially you can setup rules for the caller ids that can connect to your Voxalot extension and have a "catch all" rule to forward other calls to voicemail. Essentially this is the whitelist approach.

On the flip side, you can also setup rules to blacklist caller ids and route those inbounds to voicemail whilst allowing calls through.

The "Call Connection Rules" also allows you to define rules by day of week and time of day. This feature should cater for your requirements.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road

Your problem is quite similar to my problem with Virtual Toll Free, where I got prank calls at night:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...ules-list.html

I have blacklisted now my own Voxalot number, since its ID is the caller ID for Virtual Toll Free calls. Calls from this number go to Voice Mail when outside of office hours. All other calls ring my phone.

1.) You can manually blacklist the Voxalot accounts of callers you don't like and send them always to Voice Mail. That's blacklisting.

2.) Or you can send every caller to Voice Mail with the exception of your friends' IDs. That's whitelisting.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
Tylo

Tylo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

The past few night i've had random calls continue (between 3-5am my time!)

I have been adding the callers 1 by 1 to my list to go directly to voicemail, but it's different number all the time..

I'd like to forward all voxalot callers to voicemail between midnight at 7am, but I can't seem to find that option.

There is a match by Inbound Provider, but the drop lists the providers registered on my account (not voxalot as one of them)

I'd like to continue to receive calls from my inbound providers at all times -- I have no issues with people calling my DID's.

What i'd like to do is have Voxalot listed as an inbound provider, so I can send all voxalot callers to voicemail during those hours??

Can anyone help my sleep is getting wrecked by random callers wanting to "test out" the service.

Maybe on setup they can clearly publish number that new users can call to test out voxalot, hopefully that might prevent come callers from randomly calling my number!!!
Tylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Create Rules like this:

-One for each Inbound Provider (point them to VoXalot of course, so they'll still ring normally)
-One for each of your friends CIDs (same as above, pointing to voxalot will still ring normally)
-The last rule (lowest priority) should be an ANY rule sending callers between certain times, directly to VM

The rules on top are only there to ensure that the ANY rule only applies to VoXalot callers, not people calling a DID, or any of your friends (they just set up exceptions to the ANY rule, so unless the call comes from a DID or one of your friends, the ANY rule will apply)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote