Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-30-2007, 03:51 AM   #11
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

I love my speed dial book. I think it is a great feature, especially now that you can list the names alphabetically by clicking on Contact.

I am up to 101 entries at the moment. It certainly works very well and I have never had a problem with it.

My wife asked me to print out the speed dial list so that she wouldn't have to check on the computer screen every time before dialling a number. The problem with that was that, when I printed straight from the website, the list came to several pages. What I had to do was copy and paste into Microsoft Word and then format it so that I could print it in a compact form that would fit on just two pages. Maybe, if someone at Voxalot had a lot of time one day, they could add a Print This List button on the speed dial page, which would turn the web page into a compact printable format.

The beauty of the Voxalot speed dial list is that it is virtually unlimited, unlike the list on your fixed phone or cordless, and that it is easier to add/edit numbers and names. If you have it as your home page or one of the tabs in Firefox, you can have it in front of you all the time if your phone is near your computer.

Also, if you end up with a long list and you can't be bothered scrolling down to find a name, you can simply type Control + F and start typing the name in the box. The name will then be highlighted on the screen.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #12
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

One of the things I have been meaning to do is create a CSS stylesheet that will be used when printing. This stylesheet should be seamlessly used when printing by all (modern) browsers, so whenever you print, you should get a much nicer experience.

Your point above has probably given me the poke that I have been needing :-) I will post back here once I have something useful.

--
craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #13
ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Your point above has probably given me the poke that I have been needing :-) I will post back here once I have something useful.
Thanks, Craig, I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.

Cheers
Mark
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:53 AM   #14
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco View Post
I love my speed dial book. I think it is a great feature, especially now that you can list the names alphabetically by clicking on Contact.
Now, that's news to me. Thanks!

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #15
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
One of the things I have been meaning to do is create a CSS stylesheet that will be used when printing. This stylesheet should be seamlessly used when printing by all (modern) browsers, so whenever you print, you should get a much nicer experience.

--
craig
Is an Export/Import feature in CSV file format for example still on the radar screen?
Thanks
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Is an Export/Import feature in CSV file format for example still on the radar screen?
Thanks
Yes, I have two Voxalot accounts, so, whenever I add an entry to my speed dial book, I have to do it twice, once for each account. It would be great to be able to simply copy the speed dial book to the second account.
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #17
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Thanks
Yes it is.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #18

130166 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco View Post
I love my speed dial book...My wife asked me to print out the speed dial list so that she wouldn't have to check on the computer screen every time before dialling a number. The problem with that was that, when I printed straight from the website, the list came to several pages. What I had to do was copy and paste into Microsoft Word and then format it so that I could print it in a compact form that would fit on just two pages. Maybe, if someone at Voxalot had a lot of time one day, they could add a Print This List button on the speed dial page, which would turn the web page into a compact printable format.
Try this:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11216
Attached Files
File Type: zip Voxalotdata.zip (45.6 KB, 1 views)
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote