Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
herman

herman is on a distinguished road
Default voip.co.uk registration problems

voip.co.uk appear to have had a few problems with their servers this week. However a few people on the uk.telecom NG concurred with my experience (on one sip account) that re-booting my ATA does the job. This is certainly what they have advised.

With Voxalot of course "re-booting the ATA" is a bit harder, and despite cycling the sip registration status in the provider set-up, the accounts I use through Voxalot are stubbornly refusing to register.

Anybody have any other ideas? I know there was some unexpected outage of Voxalot sip servers but I am not aware this should still be an issue...

Any ideas anyone???
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Your best bet for a full reset is to remove voip.co.uk completely, wait 1-2 hours, then re-add it.

That should be enough time to clear the registration on the VoXalot server.

Hopefully that'll do the trick....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
herman

Thanks for the tip. I began to realise yesterday that it is not picking up changes for about half an hour or so.

Anyway, I did try to wait for an extended period. I noticed that if you changed the SIP registration to No, it would go to "pending" in the registration status. I waited till this disappeared and set the SIP registration back to Yes. I am still not registered.

I guess I need to speak to voip.co.uk to get them to look at it from their end, as I don't believe cycling SIP registration is doing the trick. Any ideas though from anybody why it works OK on an ATA now but not Voxalot?
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
herman

Response back from voip.co.uk:

It sounds like Voxalot don't check their DNS records very often.
You should connect only to proxy.voip.co.uk and not registrar.voip.co.uk or
proxy.sov.voip.co.uk.

p.s. (edit): proxy.sov.voip.co.uk was a server recommended in uk.telecom newsgroup which seemed to solve the issue with Voxalot, but is not their recommended solution as you can see.

Last edited by herman; 11-17-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Response back from voip.co.uk:

It sounds like Voxalot don't check their DNS
Voxalot checks the DNS records as dictated by the expires time set by the domain owner. In other words, it stays in the DNS cache for as long as they tell us it should before being refreshed.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem, works for a short while and then fails for some reason.
Lanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #7
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road

See my thread, "VSP problem", for this.

They have switched infrastructure over the weekend, and were (for some reason) mostly rejecting anything now not using DNS SRV, and referring anyone back to their ATA manufacturer for SRV support.

I CAN ring the 121 answerphone, but can't connect anything else. Voxalot does not show me registered.

VoIP.co.uk :: Platform Status shows an update on the possible problems, but it's bl**dy annoying as it's my only VSP which does all my PSTN routing (yes I can drop back to POTS but it's a PITA!)

I am now (this morning) showing "Online/SBC" with Proxy/SRV on the voip.co.uk status page - but my Voxalot page just shows "-" for the registration status.

I'm at work, so can't test the thing easily until later.

Last edited by ptruman; 11-23-2007 at 09:30 AM.
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
herman

Ok DNS problem has gone but still having problems with registration. Although these problems appear to be the same with all their customers, they are saying that most of the time it is due to buggy clients not being able to handle SRV correctly.

Is there any chance someone from Voxalot could look at some of these registration issues. It doesn't help that a lot of the time, Voxalot does not believe the account has registered, whereas the voip.co.uk status page is saying it is...

All help greatfully appreciated.

BTW thanks for looking at the call forwarding via Beta max issue. It was trying to test this that made me realise the accounts were unregistered again!
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #9
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Please see:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...r-problem.html

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road

I've been on vacation for a week, and it's still dead.
Have just tried to disable/enable the VSP acct to see what happens.

121 (their voicemail) DOES connect, but asks me for my mailbox number, (which implies no registration?) but outgoing calls fail - does Voxalot not pass creds along with each outgoing call? (which should work regardless of registration - which should only be needed for incoming calls?)
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote