Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
ambrose

ambrose is on a distinguished road
Default Which Betamax can I use?

I've tried to set up Voxalot to use Smartvoip but can't get it to work (works with Blueface for me, so set up seems Ok).
Am getting more & more confused trawling the forums, and there is no mention of Smartvoip.
Before I set up more accounts and give money to Betamax!, could someone give me a pointer - are there some which work and others don't? Do they have to be on the providers list?

Thanks in advance,
Ambrose
ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
awjkok

awjkok is on a distinguished road
Default You need Premium

I understand that you need a premium account to use any Betamax service. I'm not sure the free minutes/destinations issue is solved.
awjkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

All the Betamax flavours that support use from a SIP device will work with Voxalot.
However, in some cases the rates advertised for some locations are only valid on the Betamax client and will be different (higher) when used from a SIP device or from Voxalot.

The Betamax VSP you select must be set up as a provider.
An appropriate Smart call / Dial plan to match your preferred dialing format and provider selection must also be entered.

Regards

PS. A Premium account is not required for outgoing calls.
If registering the Betamax VSP and receiving calls on it, then the premium account is required.
Free minutes are usually valid when used in Voxalot.

Last edited by kurun; 03-17-2009 at 06:56 PM.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post

The Betamax VSP you select must be set up as a provider.
An appropriate Smart call / Dial plan to match your preferred dialing format and provider selection must also be entered.
Thanks kurun.

Can you tell me if 'must be set up as a provider' refers to being in the
'Global Provider Index' or what I do within my account?
If it's the first, I just have to pick one listed (or wait) but if it's the second, I'll go back to my config...

Ta

Ambrose

OK, I made some progress. For some reason the number I was testing won't ring on Smartvoip which was confusing things, but when I tried my wife's number, same network/prefix, it works.
I then tried via mysipswitch, and although the dial plan seems to work and adds international prefix correctly to pass to Voxalot, I get a 'We are sorry. The number you have called could not be connected'.

Can anyone tell me what causes this message?

A.

Last edited by ambrose; 03-17-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Unread 03-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok,

>You have added SmartVoip under Voice Providers (when you login to VoXalot)
>You have set up a Smart Call/Dial Plan for SmartVoip...
What is the Smart Call/Dial Plan you've set up in VoXalot?
(The message you're getting is a mixup in dialing and dial plan)

Eg. My example:

In VoXalot I have: 00${EXTEN}
If I dial 1416xxxxxxx, it sends 001416xxxxxxx to my provider. For it to work properly, I would need to dial 1416xxxxxxx from MSS as well. If for some reason MSS also adds the 00, I'd end up with 00001416xxxxxxx and that message from VoXalot would result....

(the provider in question is InternetCalls another BetaMax clone)

PS. If I guess right you're trying to do MySipSwitch>VoXalot>SmartVoip in order to avoid the FUP issues ... but last I tried because MSS is involved, VoXalot passes SmartVoip MSS's IP, and hence FUP results regardlessly...

The Global Provider Index is just a list of Providers and reviews about them...nothing to do with whether or not they can be used with VoXalot...

Last edited by emoci; 03-17-2009 at 11:50 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #6
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Ambrose,
To clarify my previous statement, Smartvoip must be set up as a non-registered provider in Voxalot to support outgoing calls.
This can be done as a free or Premium Voxalot user.

To benefit from the Betamax Free Use period, your SIP device should be registered to a voxalot server (us.voxalot.com, eu.voxalot.com, au.voxalot.com).

In addition, you need a Smart Call / Dial Plan set-up in Voxalot to route your call in the right format (00+Country_Code+Number) to SmartVoip

The simpler the configuration, the more reliable it will be.

My suggestion is to stick with SIP Device registered to Voxalot with outgoing VSPs as needed. (SIP_ATA --> Voxalot --> SmartVoip)

For incoming calls, use call forwarding to xxxxxx@voxalot.com or register the specific VSP in your Voxalot account (this requires a Premium subscription).

As emoci points out, the Provider Index is an information database, and is not related to how you set up or use a provider in your account.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
ambrose

Thank you both guys.

My set up is at present

MSS
when /^08/ then sys.Dial("003538${dst:2}@Voxalot")
passing my IP as P-src-ip: & outbound proxy 213.200.94.182

MMS Monitor shows the call outbound with the correct no

21:54:16:222: Outgoing call to sip:0868XXXXX@sip.mysipswitch.com for ambrose@sip.mysipswitch.com.
21:54:16:332: Outgoing call to sip:0868XXXXX@sip.mysipswitch.com for ambrose@sip.mysipswitch.com.
21:54:16:367: call from sip:ambrose@sip.mysipswitch.com to 0868XXXXXX.
21:54:16:371: Using outbound proxy of 213.200.94.182.
21:54:16:373: Switching sip:0868XXXXXX@sip.mysipswitch.com:5060->sip:003538XXXXXX@eu.voxalot.com:5060 via 213.200.94.182:5060.
21:54:17:489: Response 200 OK for sip:00353868XXXXXX@eu.voxalot.com.
21:54:20:295: Matching dialogue found for BYE to sip:77.67.57.195:5060 from 213.200.94.182:5060.

I'm not sure what that last line is...

The Voxalot plan is

1 _003538. ${EXTEN} Smartvoip Yes

At the moment I'd prefer to register with MSS if I can get it to work as I have 3 priends with ATA's too and thsi would save me a visit to reconfigure...

Hope this makes sense.

Ambrose
Unread 03-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Remove the P-src-ip from the header....Betamax expects this to be sent from VoXalot, but VoXalot does not expect it to come from MSS (hence the issue)

You're sending P-Src-ip to VoXalot here, not SmartVoip...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
wangjia

wangjia is on a distinguished road

ambrose, smartvoip works well for me. Are you sure that you set up smartvoip provider correctly? username, password, and sip.smartvoip.com?

also use the test in smart dial to make sure your number go via the smartvoip.

emoci, with P-ip-src setting properly I can get rid of FUP. Certainly 213.200.94.182 won't work. Use another one.
wangjia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangjia View Post
ambrose, smartvoip works well for me. Are you sure that you set up smartvoip provider correctly? username, password, and sip.smartvoip.com?

also use the test in smart dial to make sure your number go via the smartvoip.

emoci, with P-ip-src setting properly I can get rid of FUP. Certainly 213.200.94.182 won't work. Use another one.
Thanks 4 the reply.

I got a fix on MSS

Quote:
jadam wrote:

I use mss -> voxalot -> voipcheap.com and I've signed up with dyndns.org to give my router with a dynamic IP the address mycomputername.dyndns.org, the router has a dyndns client for this to work.

Then in the account settings for the voxalot account in MSS, under /advanced call settings/ Custom Header(s) [optional] / I've put
P-src-ip: mycomputername.dyndns.org