Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
mstolle

mstolle is on a distinguished road
Default eu.voxalot.com down?

Hi,

This morning, my VoIP phone doesn't seem to work. Status: Cannot connect to server. I can't even ping eu.voxalot.com. However, au.voxalot.com and us.voxalot.com are pingable. Any official word on this issue?

Martin
mstolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default EU Server down

Yes, it seems so.
I'm also having problems with one of my registered providers (EuroIAX). It registers (both IAX and SIP), but I can't dial any call through it. EuroIAX home page is also down, but it responds to ping as do the SIP/IAX servers. So, maybe there is some problem in the internet providers' interconnection in Europe.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
carlosalbffgomes

Default EuroIAX is working from about 12h00 a.m. GMT

EuroIAX is working from about 12h00 a.m. GMT, so maybe it was down for another reason.
EU Server is still down. Tracepath is still stopping at:
8: tenge1-0-0.r2.sbp.leaseweb.net (62.212.95.146) 65.838ms asymm 11
Regards,
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road
Default What a service

The eu server has been unreachable all day here in France, all my other Providers work fine.

This is why I canceled my Premium Voxalot account. Poor service and no customer support. Surely Voxalot you have noticed your service is not working ?

The only reason I continue to use Voxalot is I need a Call Me Back button on my web site.

Anybody know of a reliable Provider for a Call back button.

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
zoemcalister

zoemcalister is on a distinguished road
Default eu voxalot server keeps breaking down :(

Alas, same here, I'm using us.voxalot now which works fine for me but a few of my older friends still aren't able to get connected. I need to go over there to help them with their ata settings. But unfortunately, that won't be earlier than tomorrow evening.
Please people of Voxalot, I hope you can fix whatever the problem is with eu.voxalot soon.
Mojo mentioned a load balancer in his post and another server coming in automatically, once one server breaks down.
Is there any chance you work on that solution?

Thanks!
Zoe
zoemcalister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

As advised in a previous post, our service provider (LeaseWeb) is currently experiencing problems. A support ticket has been raised and we will advise once things are operational again.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
suusdoggen

suusdoggen is on a distinguished road

If you change your applicable settings from eu.voxalot.com to au.voxalot.com you should have it working again.
suusdoggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
dfisbein

dfisbein is on a distinguished road
Default What a service

From the post of mstolle to the explanation of Martin, it takes 24 hours. This is a lot of time to give an answer! Besides, about 12 hours later the European server is still down and on the Voxalot Internet pages there is no mention to this very big problem.

There was a time in which Voxalot was the best VoIP provider. Maybe the destinies of this kind of companies are a sort of ascensions and falls, as it happened with Free World Dialup. Voxalot is still my main VoIP provider. Although maybe this is time to make some changes. Now there are a lot of small companies that are doing very well their job!
dfisbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
carlosalbffgomes

Default Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisbein View Post
From the post of mstolle to the explanation of Martin, it takes 24 hours. This is a lot of time to give an answer! Besides, about 12 hours later the European server is still down and on the Voxalot Internet pages there is no mention to this very big problem.

There was a time in which Voxalot was the best VoIP provider. Maybe the destinies of this kind of companies are a sort of ascensions and falls, as it happened with Free World Dialup. Voxalot is still my main VoIP provider. Although maybe this is time to make some changes. Now there are a lot of small companies that are doing very well their job!
I'm not knowing where you live, but Voxalot customer support is better than the customer support you can get in Portugal (and also, in Brazil, despite in some aspects this is better than you can get in Portugal!), with the «Big Ones» (Portugal Telecom, Sonae Telecom, Brasil Telecom, and so on). With Voxalot I really appreciate the fact that you can get technical specification and knowing that the platform is technically opened. Usually, in Brazil, and much much worse in Portugal, you get a service where you pay (a lot) and you can not do with it some advanced use. I may say that, from my personal experience, customer support knows much less than you (with me this is the case) and no one gives you a solution to your problem if you try to make an advanced use of the service. Normally, these providers don't obey to standards and it is not unusual to block any kind of use outside from a very restricted options. For example, you can't get a portuguese DID for personal use. Theoretical, you can, but... No providers offers it to you (paying!), unless you use their expensive and closed network. This is the case of «Portugal Telecom», for example. So, you can't use this providers with some kind of PBX as Voxalot. I may be wrong but I don't think Voxalot is guilty for the problems with the Leaseweb providers. I've seen some complaints about Leaseweb on the net. You can google it.
Regards,

Last edited by carlosalbffgomes; 02-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default Update:

Our support ticket with LeaseWeb is still unresolved.

We have attempted to turn around this problem quickly, however it is only within the past hour that we have received a response to our original ticket.

Unfortunately we only have one server in the eu cluster and it is hosted with LeaseWeb.

I assure you all we are trying our best to fix this problem but at the moment we are still unable to reach our server.

I will keep you posted as things progress with this problem.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote