Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
remm

remm is on a distinguished road
Default Dialing Problem -- sipbroker and pstn termination

I anyone having dialing problems with dialing out of us.voxalot.com today?

I can dial in from callcentric via sipbroker and ring my ata, and I can do a *600 echo test, but I can't dial out at all now. This is strange because I did many sipbroker test calls to other servicies this morning and things worked great -- then it just stopped working.

I get "We're sorry, the number you have dialed could not be connected, please try again." I get this with any external test number such as sipbroker *266300 for example, or the sipbroker test number *011 188888. Same if I tried to dial through to pstn number which for me should terminate with callwithus.

I've power cycled by dsl router, and my gateway, but nothing seems to help. I'm starting to look at settings on the ATA, but just not sure where to look as it stopped working when I'd not made any changes.

Any ideas were to start looking. Is there some sort of daily call limit? Is this a voxalot issue? Is it a config issue on my end?

Thanks
Rob
remm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
remm

Default Update on dialing issue

I re-wrote the dial plan on my spa3102 to include a special prefix to go directly to sipbroker, and another to callwithus -- and I can call out fine directly -- still not through voxalot.

Seems like maybe a voxalot issue. Thoughts?

Rob
Unread 10-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
Jeannie

Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Me too

Me too I'm having the same problem at least on the last 2 days.
cannot connect to many sipbroker addresses, and some times it connects but with terrible sound quality

All on us.voxalot.com

Please help
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
remm

Default Can't dial out of voxalot today

Any ideas?

Still can't dial out of voxalot.

Rob
Unread 10-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Do you notice that problem with both US proxies?
proxy01.us1.voxalot.com = 64.34.163.35
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com = us.voxalot.com = 64.34.173.199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
...some times it connects but with terrible sound quality.
Are you intending for your voice packets to travel through Voxalot or directly between SIP endpoints? Do you have a way to discover which of the two possibilities is actually happening?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Jeannie

Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default ok

Hello boatman,
In my case I've only been using us.voxalot.com. Never tried the other US proxy.
I mainly use Voxalot to connect both callback legs (callback which is performed by LIV), but even when I tested calling from a softphone I had similar problems calling Sipbroker addresses, on Voxalot

If I got your last question right, so in my acc: "Symmetric NAT " is set to "No" and "Optimize Audio Path" is set to "Yes" (that's how it worked best for me) - but I've been using Voxalot under the same settings for about 1 year without problems, and nothing in my usage or destinations has changed on the last days.

It really seems to be some problem between Voxalot and Sipbroker
Many times it doesn't connect ("number you have dialed could not be connected, please try again"), and even when it finally does, it returns too bad voice quality for talking, and almost no way to send DTMF

Hope Voxalot team can debug and fix that

Last edited by Jeannie; 10-27-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
...even when I tested calling from a softphone I had similar problems calling Sipbroker addresses, on Voxalot.
I made a test call through us.voxalot.com using SipBroker to reach someone on Gizmo5. The call connected quickly and the audio was fine.

Edit:
I made more test calls, this time to both Sipbroker numbers listed here. The numbers belong to Advanced Science and Technology Institute, Department of Science and Technology, Republic of the Philippines. They have a recorded message there. The audio sounded great.

Last edited by boatman; 10-28-2009 at 02:28 AM.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 02:55 AM   #8
remm

Default Connection Update

As for me it seems that my issue is perhaps different from Jeannie's. I shut off my ATA and tried to connect directly with ekiga -- and if I do that -- I can call out to the sip broker test message *011 188888. I guess this means that it's some setting in my ATA.

I'm a bit baffled by that as I don't think I changed anything with the ATA when this started happening. I guess I'll go over it one more time tomorrow and see what I can find -- it's a bit late here now.

If anyone has an idea where to look in the settings let me know. I have an SPA3102. I'm thinking of playing with the dial plan (trying a really simple one), and also there are some send and recieve calls without registering selections I may try on and off.
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road

I was on us Proxy 1 and had dial out and dial in problems. Have just changed to us Proxy 2 and all is working fine now. I recomend that you reconfigure to proxy02.us1.voxalot.com = us.voxalot.com = 64.34.173.199 Bob
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
jun_j

jun_j is on a distinguished road

also got a similar problem accessing remote spa FXO using sip broker PSTN number and calling from Australia ....reading from this post could specific devise default settings with regard to signal parameters Like bellcore for USA and china be hampering correct decoding of DTMF tone as againts PSTN devise here in australia and UK having inconpatible DTMF tones with that of USA standards

Last edited by jun_j; 10-31-2009 at 03:39 PM.
jun_j is offline   Reply With Quote