Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 03-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #41
casch

casch is on a distinguished road
Default can't do anything?

Well martin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post

... as there is unfortunately very little we can do.
A PC that is masquerading other PCs of a local net just 'fakes' the original or local ip-address by its own 'out-looking' ip-address.
So what if your server does this but the otherway round? It has to replace its own server-ip by the ip-address of the/your client?
My knowledge it too smal to determine wether this is possible or not and - if possible - how it can be achieved.
Maybe others can tell us more?

Carl
Unread 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #42
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Just so you know, we have also made contact on the phone. The secretary informed us that someone from the group will call us back.

We will keep you posted.
Just to give you all an update. I have not heard any thing from Betamax. I left both my phone number and email. We will try calling again next week.

Tony.
Unread 03-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #43
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Are you also in Australia Tony?

I think the time difference conspires to mean that the office hours will not overlap, so I hope they don't spoil your night by calling you at 2am there

Have a nice evening, what's left of it ...
Unread 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #44
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

Ok,

I'd like to know what other people are experiencing?
I noted someone else state that they couldn't access using the US server or EU server?

My situation;
I had x-lite configured to use US server, I've had no problems dialing using x-lite.

I had a grandstream ATA using EU server, and on March 14 this stopped working.

Yesterday (March 15) I switched my grandstream to the US server, and it works fine now.

So, maybe the idea is to keep switching between the three servers (US, EU, AU) until this is resolved??
Unread 03-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #45
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

I don't think switching servers helps. Betamax just haven't got round to banning the us voxalot server yet. That's why it still works but eu and au don't. Give them time and they'll find out about that one too.

The problem I find with the us server is that I get a long latency, so I don't use it. The echo test (*600) is much worse.
Unread 03-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #46
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
I don't think switching servers helps. Betamax just haven't got round to banning the us voxalot server yet. That's why it still works but eu and au don't. Give them time and they'll find out about that one too.

The problem I find with the us server is that I get a long latency, so I don't use it. The echo test (*600) is much worse.
See this is strange, as other users report the US server not working, and AU working;

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda_cba View Post
same here, us.voxalot.com and eu.voxalot.com don´t work (with grandstream). Only au.voxalot.com is working but i guess it´ll be banned soon. Only one thing: when i register to voxalot(us or eu) with xlite it DOES work. Any idea?
Unread 03-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #47
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Latency in calls to the echo test (*600) of the different servers is unrelated to the latency you would get when using a third-party provider, where the RTP stream of voice data is point to point. In other words, the extra lag between the EU and the US servers doesn't affect the lag when using Voxalot, since the Voxalot servers just set up calls but don't stick around after the call is setup.
Unread 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #48
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor View Post
Latency in calls to the echo test (*600) of the different servers is unrelated to the latency you would get when using a third-party provider, where the RTP stream of voice data is point to point. In other words, the extra lag between the EU and the US servers doesn't affect the lag when using Voxalot, since the Voxalot servers just set up calls but don't stick around after the call is setup.
I definitely got more echo in my calls with the US server earlier in the year, but maybe there were other factors at play. I should try again on the AU to be sure. I tested my account with symm NAT handling disabled and it worked, so like you say there should be no difference between servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
See this is strange, as other users report the US server not working, and AU working;
Sorry I meant AU is the one working
Unread 03-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #49
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

It's certainly annoying that Betamax has taken this action, but in a way it highlights the strength of VoIP - if you have a problem with one provider, route around it by using another.

I'm lucky I suppose in that I use an SPA-3102. This lets me dial directly over VoipDiscount if I want to, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I got rid of that particular provider altogether.

It isn't all about call rates; far more important to me is the flexibility that I get from VoXaLot. Incoming calls from multiple VSPs to one handset, programmable call forwarding, mobile and web callback, geographic number lookups - they are all very useful. Some I use much more than others, some not at all - but I might one day.

Let's all hope that the Betamax situation gets resolved, but even if it isn't it's not such a big deal as to cause me to stop using VoXaLot.

ataboy
Unread 03-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #50
The King

Quote:

Sorry I meant AU is the one working
Yeah, but for me US is working, which is strange that it works for me but not others.

Anyone know any other Voip provider (not a Betamax co of course) that offers free calls to the UK?
Closed Thread