Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
bpere

bpere is on a distinguished road
Default Difficulty in receiving calls from specific Sipbroker PSTN Gateways

Hi,

Since some time I have not been able to receive calls from the following Sipbroker PSTN gateways: +32-2-747-0020 (hosted by Packetnet) and +55-21-3521-2840 (hosted by Voipsharing). My phone rings and there is no audio after picking up the call. I have tested the new Italian gatways and several of the other remaining Belgian gateways, and they work OK. All other functions such as incoming calls via DID's, outgoing calls (I'm using Voipcheap) work fine and have excellent quality. I have a Siemens 450IP. It would be really nice if I could get the Brazilian gateway to work again, as I have family there and they were using it on a regular basis.
bpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpere View Post
Since some time I have not been able to receive calls from the following Sipbroker PSTN gateways: +32-2-747-0020 (hosted by Packetnet) and +55-21-3521-2840 (hosted by Voipsharing).
I have seen this problem in the past with calls using a Sipbroker access number to a Voxalot account.

A workaround which usually works is to use a second VSP registered in, or forwarded to the Voxalot account. I tested the first number using Voipcheap, dialed *010-xxxxxx# (my Vox number) and indeed the call is set-up to my Voxalot account, the phone rings but voice connection is not established.

I tried again two more times using two other VSPs forwarded to my Voxalot account and I could establish 2 way voice connection with no problem.

I suggest you try this, and it might be a good workaround until the issue is resolved by SipBroker and/or the VSP donating the access number.

_.

Last edited by kurun; 08-11-2007 at 05:59 PM.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
hust

hust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
I tested the first number using Voipcheap, dialed *010-xxxxxx# (my Vox number) and indeed the call is set-up to my Voxalot account, the phone rings but voice connection is not established.

_.
I tested Sip Broker access number in Shanghai(+86-21-31001856) using my mobile this morning, the same thing. Only has ring, there is not any voice.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
bpere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
A workaround which usually works is to use a second VSP registered in, or forwarded to the Voxalot account.
_.
I tried using my Sipphone number forwarded to Voxalot with the same result, however when I used my freedigits number I did get audio (albeit with a pretty long latency, which I suppose is normal considering that the audio has to cross the Atlantic twice in this test).
Unread 08-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
bpere

Exclamation

I noticed this thread didn't get any attention from Voxalot support , however I would like to know whether it is possible to avoid using the workaround described above, as the quality of the calls is not remotely comparable to the calls which go directly to my Voxalot account through the Voipsharing PSTN gateway mentioned in my previous post.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

I find that the call quality is not impaired at all if the diversion is through a SIP account forwarded to or registered in Voxalot.
For example, set up FWD account, forwarded to sip:xxxxxx@Voxalot.com.
Call through SipBroker number to *393-xxxxxx
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote