Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 08-29-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
BlueDream

BlueDream is on a distinguished road
Default Working out enum calling....

ok I want my friends with skype/voip to be able to call me for free, so I've registered my DID with e164.org which I have pointing to PBxes.com where I manage my multiple VSP's.

As soon as I did this my phone rang for a couple seconds and then hung up, which as I understand is the SIP verification, so I'm just waiting for the call to verify my DID number now.

My question is this;

Once my DID is verified will my friends with VOIP be able to use SIP broker to call me for free?

Is it the same for my friends using skype?

Is my understanding correct in that my friends that use VOIP & Voxalot will be able to call me for free without using SIP broker, due to the fact that voxalot has integrated ENUM lookup??

I've also noticed that PBxes.com has the ability to make ENUM calls, which can be utilised if your a paying member.... Is this essentially the same service that voxalot is doing?
BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Well, by signing up for e164.org you have associated your PhoneNumber with a SIP URI for the VoIP World.....

Who can call you free:

-People who call SipBroker Access Number local to them, then enter *013YourNumber or just YourNumber (your number in Intl format)

-People that are calling you from VoXalot and who have enabled ENum lookup in their Dial Plans.... (it's enabled by default, but sometimes adjustments are needed to make sure number passed for lookupin in Intl Format)

-Any other people on VoIP providers who perform an ENum lookup on e164.org when placing calls (Skype is definitely not one of these)

-PBXes also offers the ability to create an ENum trunk (even in free accounts) and place calls through there.... (ENum lookup on VoXalot and ENum Trunk on PBXes serve similar purposes)

In a few words, anyone that knows to lookup ENum when placing a call, can call you for free, but it's not automatic, it only works if a lookup is performed and many VoIP providers (aside form places like VoXalot, PBXes and some others) don't do lookups beforehand......

ENum's momentum is still building, it's not there yet

Last edited by emoci; 08-29-2007 at 06:23 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
BlueDream

Ok so I think I have everything set up properly if someone wants to call me for free using VOIP.... As for skype, I think I understand that they would have to dial the SIP broker local access number? (which would cost them anyway so hence would not be worth the bother?)

Now, as for my taking advantage of free e164 dialling, I think it might be possible with pbxes.com but I'm not sure with just one thing....

I've created an ENUM trunk with a dialling rule of 1NxxNxxxxxx for the US & Canada (I'm going to add one for Australia later 61xxxxxxxxx). I think this part is all correct.... The next bit I'm a bit unsure about...

In the outbound routing rules do I create an ENUM rule which has a wildcard dial plan (therefore checks all outbound calls) and place this at the top of the rules?

I'm pretty sure this isn't correct thou.... I think what I need to do is create a trunk sequence in the outbound dialling rules with the ENUM trunk at the top and then the VSP...

But I'm just not sure, I think you have to be a paid member of pbxes to allow this but I'm not sure???
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

At PBXes, both setting it (ENum Trunk) at the top of the rules, or setting it as the first trunk for each of the outbound rules will work....

But, unless there is some special reason for using PBXes for this, why not use VoXalots ENum lookup instead..... It's slightly easier to play with, and tweak in terms of dial pattern....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 02:56 AM   #5
BlueDream

The weird thing is if I have an ENUM trunk in my outbound rules for some reason it causes some sort of error so that when I call my DID I always get a busy signal!
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #6
BlueDream

Ok it turned out that les.net does not work with SIP broker....

So that is where the problem lay...