Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
ramsudhir143

ramsudhir143 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation can voxalot do this?

Hello,

I have a possibility to call one USA number for free(unlimited minutes) from my mobile. I also have a betamax voip account which provides free calls to USA and canada. I want to know if there is any possibility to use both the above services and make free phone calls to USA from my mobile using voxalot.

If it is possible, then I am interested to become voxalot premium user.

I am thinking of something like this

1. Signing up for IPKALL to get an USA number and forwarding it to voxalot account
2. Configuring voxalot account to register my betamax voipaccount and creating some dialplans. Still I am not clear how to perform this.
3. Register the IPKALL USA number as the unlimited call offer number with my mobile carrier.
4. Call my IPKALL USA number from my mobile, then connect to voxalot account, then dial destination number and voxalot redirects the call according to the dialplan using the betamax voip account.

May it is also possible to use SIPbroker PSTN access numbers instead of IPKALL.

At this point,I am not quite sure if this is possible or not. Can voxalot do this? or can we combine some other additional services with voxalot and achieve this?

Please give me some suggestions how I can do this.

-Ram
ramsudhir143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

There's the hard way:
Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone

Or the easy way (using VoipDiscount, not sure about the others):
VoipDiscount | Free Calls and SMS
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

VoXalot does not yet support this feature...

However if you follow Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone you do not require a Premium VoXalot acct. (although a Premium acct. has some neat perks in terms of incoming DIDs, VM on the WEB, and Calling Records)

That guide seems a bit overwhelming on first read, but following the steps carefully helps (feel free to ask questions here or via PM if you need any help with the guide)

Keep in mind that there are some limits:

1. Most Betamax services have a limit of 300 free minutes/week (and you probably already now about the FreeDays)
2. PBXes has lately made changes that allows you to use them for only up to 2000 min/month with their free acct. Because the way callthrough works (time counts for you calling in, and for the calling out) that translates into 1000 minutes that you can use PBXes for CallThru per month....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 04:52 AM   #4
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir143 View Post
Hello,

I have a possibility to call one USA number for free(unlimited minutes) from my mobile. I also have a betamax voip account which provides free calls to USA and canada. I want to know if there is any possibility to use both the above services and make free phone calls to USA from my mobile using voxalot.

If it is possible, then I am interested to become voxalot premium user.

I am thinking of something like this

1. Signing up for IPKALL to get an USA number and forwarding it to voxalot account
2. Configuring voxalot account to register my betamax voipaccount and creating some dialplans. Still I am not clear how to perform this.
3. Register the IPKALL USA number as the unlimited call offer number with my mobile carrier.
4. Call my IPKALL USA number from my mobile, then connect to voxalot account, then dial destination number and voxalot redirects the call according to the dialplan using the betamax voip account.

May it is also possible to use SIPbroker PSTN access numbers instead of IPKALL.

At this point,I am not quite sure if this is possible or not. Can voxalot do this? or can we combine some other additional services with voxalot and achieve this?

Please give me some suggestions how I can do this.

-Ram
why not use one of the betamax services that allow for call through using their break-in numbers. than just set that breakin number as your free call number.

also the free service 'ringbranch' is promoted for exactly people in your situation. ringbranch not only allows for outbound callthrough(although you have to put the numbers you call in a separate ringbranch phone book) but also will give you an inbound number that forwards to your cell but changes the caller ID so that it matches your ringbranch number. that way your inbound calls also come from your designated free number.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote