Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-11-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
1treehill

1treehill is on a distinguished road
Default Enum and Voxalot

Can someone help me solve this problem, Thank you

I have a basic Voxalot account, what I want is when my friends (using Voxalot) call my Voxalot number, my PSTN number would ring.

So
  1. I registered my PSTN number at e164.org,
  2. mapped it with my Voxalot URI:xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com,
  3. I received verification calls from e164 for both my voxalot and PSTN, now they were activated at e164.org
below is uri mapped to my PSTN
Preference Protocol Hostname
10 SIP xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com
But my pstn does not ring when people call my voxalot, what I did wrong, or maybe e164.org could not function this way?
1treehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
hnorgaar

hnorgaar is on a distinguished road

As far as I understand this feature is to save money and therefore works opposite. When a Voxalot user is calling you on PSTN using VOIP, it will then look for if you are online and connect you via VOIP, in this case Voxalot.

Henrik
hnorgaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
1treehill

1treehill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnorgaar View Post
As far as I understand this feature is to save money and therefore works opposite. When a Voxalot user is calling you on PSTN using VOIP, it will then look for if you are online and connect you via VOIP, in this case Voxalot.

Henrik
Thanks Henrik
I just tried call my registered PSTN with another VOIP, while kept mapped Voxalot online, my Voxalot did not ring. ( the opposite way not work for me)

I still hope somebody could help me for e164.org setup, then when Voxalot users call my voxalot number, it could be routed to my PSTN (PSTN rings)
1treehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
hnorgaar

hnorgaar is on a distinguished road

You can, but the provider need to do the ENUM lookup, and Voxalot can do that, cant answer for other providers if they do that.
Make a dial plan test in the smart call list area with your own PSTN number in there and you should see that your Voxalot number is chosen.
If what you want is to have it ringing both places, means you have an IP phone at home and your mobile, then I can suggest you to have your IP phone registered with both Voxalot and your provider, and do call forwarding to your PSTN phone.

Henrik
hnorgaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
MGifos

MGifos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1treehill View Post
I still hope somebody could help me for e164.org setup, then when Voxalot users call my voxalot number, it could be routed to my PSTN (PSTN rings)
I do not believe that e164.org will do this. An example of what e164.org will do is someone using VoXaLot can dial your PSTN number and the call will be routed to your VoXaLot account, making it a free call for the caller.

If you want to somone to call your VoXaLot number and have this directed to your PSTN number then somone will have to pay for this call. You can could forward your VoXaLot number to your PSTN number via a service provider. Then anyone calling your VoXaLot number will be directed to your PSTN number, with you paying for the call to the PSTN number.

Regards. MG.
MGifos is offline   Reply With Quote