Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
xvaiox

xvaiox is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xvaiox Send a message via Skype™ to xvaiox
Exclamation Dial Plan String Help 4 Sunrocket Gizmo MTA 6328-2Re

I always just paid for Voip service without knowing what went on behind the scenes, now that the sun is setting on Sunrocket, my life has taken an exciting turn for the better.

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through editing my dial plan string?
I have a Sunrocket Gizmo MTA 6328-2Re. I have accessed the Admin page and have been able to connect to Voxalot with great success. I can dial *600 for the echo test, however *500 and speed dial only produce a fast paced busy signal. I am nervouse about editing the Config file and would love some expert advice on this before I take the plunge.

My current dial plan string reads like this:

VoIP_Digit_Map_String="911|611|411|311|0.T|[2-9]XXXXXX.T|[2-9]XXXXXX.#|1[2-9]XXXXXXXXX|011X.T|011X.#|*6X.T|*00|*0X|*1X|*20|*82"

I am a bit confused as to where I should put the [x*][x*]. and don't know if I should use the period at the end.? Any other help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Email's, PM's & Skype calls welcome

Xvaiox
xvaiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #2
haceaton

haceaton is on a distinguished road
Smile Innomedia dialplan

In order to change the dial plan, you must use telnet, loading a config file won't work. A manual for the gizmo can be found at http://www.innomedia.com/manuals/SIP...nual_1.211.pdf

Login as admin via telnet to the gizmo. Then choose "Cd" to edit the dial plan. Start by deleting everything - you'll want be able to send pretty much anything to voxalot and use it to handle the real dialplan. My voxalot dialplan on the gizmo is:

VoIP_Digit_Map_String="(911|411|X.T|X.#|*X.T)"

While you're telneted in you'll want to change your NTP servers too.
haceaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
rbrewer

rbrewer is on a distinguished road

Try:
VoIP_Digit_Map_String="[x*][x*]."

If that doesn't work, add a T at the end:
VoIP_Digit_Map_String="[x*][x*].T"

I'm also a Sunrocket refugee, and have a different thread going to get my AC-211-SR gizmo dialplan working. Here is what I ended up with:
(>#|[*x]x.T)

Here's the thread with more explanation of what I was doing:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...voicemail.html
rbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
xvaiox

Thank you for helping :-) Do I put the string at the beginning or end of my original string? If you could maybe cut and paste my string and then show me where to put in the new dial plan in mine that would be great!
Unread 07-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
stebie

stebie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvaiox View Post
Thank you for helping :-) Do I put the string at the beginning or end of my original string? If you could maybe cut and paste my string and then show me where to put in the new dial plan in mine that would be great!
The dial plan suggested can replace your entire dial plan. That's why the entire line was provided for you:

Quote:
Try:

If that doesn't work, add a T at the end:

I'm also a Sunrocket refugee, and have a different thread going to get my AC-211-SR gizmo dialplan working. Here is what I ended up with:
(>#|[*x]x.T)
Looking at your original dial plan, *600 works as it is handled by ...|*6X.T|....

My suggestion would be to try the following dial plans in this order, testing the next if the current one doesn't work as expected:

VoIP_Digit_Map_String="(>#|[*x]x.T)"
VoIP_Digit_Map_String="[*x]x.T"

If all else fails, you can go back to your original dial plan (the one you stated in your initial post).

Good luck!
stebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 04:05 AM   #6
haceaton

haceaton is on a distinguished road
Smile Gizmo dial plan

Hi,

You'll need to use telnet to the gizmo to change the dial plan. A fairly accurate manual for configuring
it is at http://www.innomedia.com/manuals/SIP...nual_1.211.pdf.

For voxalot, I use VoIP_Digit_Map_String="(911|411|X.T|X.#|*X.T)" for my
innomedia dial plan - then I can customize the real dialing with voxalot's dial plans.

Don't forget to change your NTP servers too.
haceaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
xvaiox

Thank you for the help!

I now understand how or where to put the dial plan string, however I now need some assitance on uploading a new config file to my Sunrocket Gizmo MTA 6328-2Re.

I can access the admin page via a web browser and when I go to the config file, I have an option to download the file or upload a new one. When I choose to upload a new one and click browse and find the file, I then click upload but keep getting the same error message which is "404 Not Found" and Url'/Voice_adminPage.html not found on server"

Can someone please help me, am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to edit the config file to add the new dial plan string? I have attached two JPG's one show's the upload page, which lets you download the cfg file and lets you browse folders and choose which cfg file to upload but when you upload you get an error wich is shown on JPG 2. If you notice on the top of the upload page, it states Nucleus Webserv Example of Uploading a File Via Http. Maybe its just an example? But why let you choose a file and then be able to click upload?

I have tried Firefox, Netscap and IE. I have tried renaming the file something other than the original. I can telenet in, but do not know what or how to acces the file from there.

Please some advice would be nice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY config 2.jpg (63.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg not found.jpg (28.4 KB, 7 views)
Unread 07-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
xvaiox

Thumbs up

I was able to use windows telnet and change my dial plan string, thanks to the help of Rbrewer! I now have voicemail and echo working, when voicemail is left, I get a dial tone studder notifing me of this. I don't have speed dial working but will play around with the strings.

Thanks to Stebie too!
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Ok, this thread is ancient and probably no sensible person is still trying to use the MTA 6328-2R anymore. But I've got a friend who got ahold of one and wants to use it with a voxalot account and I'm helping her set it up, so bear with me.

I've got admin priviledges and have managed to register the device on voxalot and get a dial tone. So far I've not been able successfully to dial any number other than the echo test, and I believe the problem is the dial plan in the ATA. Searching for a solution led me to this thread, which seems promising. But I'm not sure I understand correctly how to enter the dial plan.

I have some experience with telnet and was able to telnet to the device just fine. And I got to the section where dial plans are to be entered as well. But I'm confused about just how the dial plans posted above are to be entered and the forms in which I've tried entering them so far have not resulted in successful call termination (e.g., to a toll free number or to another voxalot account number). Thus, the following questions.

In the telnet session, under section Cd, when you enter the dial plan does it really need to contain all the characters in, for example, the suggested entry VoIP_Digit_Map_String="(>#|[*x]x.T)"? In other words, you first enter the text string with upper and lower case letters, each word of which is separated by an underslash, then the equals sign, then quotation mark following by parenthesis and other characters, finally culminated by closed parenthesis and closed quotation mark?

Input on the proper form for entering the dial plan within the telnet session will be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

PS This device does not seem to allow use of the 7.11u codec: will that be a source of any problems?
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

For any other dummies who may look at this thread trying to figure out what I was wondering about, here's what I discovered through experimentation. Telnet to the ATA and log in. Hit Cd to get to the dial plan section of the admin login. Hit "e", which will erase the current dial plan (you might wanna hit "p," which will display the current dial plan, and write it down for future reference, before erasing it). Hit "a" to add a dial plan. At the resulting prompt type *x.T and hit enter. Hit "a" again and at the resulting prompt type x.T and hit enter. Then hit "p" to look at the entries you just typed in to confirm they were enetered properly. If so, hit "w," which will save them. Hit "H" to go back to the main menu. There, type "Id" and the system will display the entire dial string, enclosed in parenthesis (the system does this, you don't need to enter any parentheses when you type the dial plan strings). The log out.

That gives you perhaps the most generic dial strings you can get on this device. Pretty much anything you dial gets passed to voxalot; you can fiddle with dial plans there to get better functionality. More functionality is possible on the ATA if you want to fiddle with the dial plan there; see the user's manual at http://www.innomedia.com/manuals/SIP...nual_1.211.pdf for a little more information on forming dial strings.

But in any case, no need for entering things like VoIP_Digit_Map, the equals sign, quotation marks, or parentheses.

James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote