Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road
Default Setting CID @ PAP2T

I want to fix how people see my CID when called from my PAP2T.
Device has "Display Name" field, but if I set it as "my name"<1111111111>, with quotation marks or without - Voxalot refuses to respond, *600 doesn't work. It seems to accept only either name, or number in that field. Most providers pass CID as name<number> though.
What is the right way to set CID name and number for PAP2T?
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The CID depends on the provider you are using for outgoing calls.

In the PAP2T you can try setting your name though, that'll be passed through as long as your outgoing provider supports it.

Now, if your outgoing provider also allows you to set the number, then you can adjust this when editing the provider settings. Click Advanced and change the 'From User' Field to the number you want to send (again your outgoing provider has to support this....most do not)

In terms of SIP to SIP calls, the info sent is whatever you have placed under the Name Field in your PAP2, and your 6 digit VoXalot number (this cannot be adjusted further either)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road

I normally re-use the same provider account for calls from few sources: at least from two voxalot accounts with two separate ATA registered on them. Setting CID on provider means both ATA will call using the same CID, which isn't exactly what I meant to do.
Using "From" fields at Voxalot account isn't good either, as I use the same Voxalot account as call router from few sources as well and obviusly want it to pass the original CID.
Most providers allow to leave "their" CID blank, so SIP user agent - ATA in my case, would pass its CID in name<number> format. But I just don't get how ATA can do that if it supports name part only.
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

From my experience few providers let you specify the Caller ID number at random as you wish it....

This is considered spoofing and is usually available only with commercial termination providers
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote