Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #11
vk4akp

vk4akp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vk4akp Send a message via AIM to vk4akp Send a message via MSN to vk4akp Send a message via Yahoo to vk4akp Send a message via Skype™ to vk4akp
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
I'm not familiar with this device. A couple of other settings to try:

1. Change USE DNS SRV and DNS SRV Auto prefix to "No"
2. Try us.voxalot.com instead of au.voxalot.com (as a test only).
Nope, didn't help.

Line 1 uses port 5060 for the engin VSP. Thats not effecting anything is it?

.-.-.
vk4akp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #12
vk4akp

Send a message via ICQ to vk4akp Send a message via AIM to vk4akp Send a message via MSN to vk4akp Send a message via Yahoo to vk4akp Send a message via Skype™ to vk4akp
Question Log of login attempts?

Is there a log of my login attempts on teh Voxalot site somewhere?

Maybe that might give an idea whats going on?

.-.-.
Unread 03-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
vk4akp

Question Screen shots for WhirlPool User Help

Here are some more screen shots requested by Whirlpools users trying to help.

Many thanks!

Sorry about the quality of some of these shots but this site limits file size to 97k. So some heavy compression.

.-.-.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg line1_2007-03-08_225705.jpg (95.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg line2_2007-03-08_225043.jpg (84.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg provissioning2007-03-08_223956.jpg (60.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg regional2007-03-08_224053.jpg (94.5 KB, 7 views)
Unread 03-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #14
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

This thread might help (not exact model but should be close):

http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?p=5330#post5330

Perhaps member twen could give you some advise on connecting this device.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #15
vk4akp

Angry

Thanks, but currently my Box is dead.

It seems that after a factory reset on a engin box, even though you've had it unlocked by engin it reverts to being locked again.

Very useless.

I now need to source a supplier for a factory supplied unlocked box. This situation is just not on.
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #16
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Perhaps member twen could give you some advise on connecting this device.
Hello =) I heard someone call my name !

Ok, I've a WRT54GP2 also at home. I didn't experience this problem yet. However after reading the thread, something come into my mind :

The WRT54GP2 is "only" a router. It's not able to connect to the net via ADSL. An ADSL modem is required, and vk4akp didn't mention any modem at all. So, I would check if the modem is forwarding port 5061 to the linksys' IP.

I had never use the hidden VoIP Menu (attached pictures vk4akp send)., but only the main VoIP Configuration. I guess there aren't specific values to change other than :

Proxy & Registration :
- login / pass

Subscriber Information :
- Display Name
- Password
- User ID
- Auth ID

I'm using both phone ports (then ports 5060 & 5061) to 2 different services on my Linksys WRT54GP2.

Hope this helps
twen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 05:15 AM   #17
vk4akp

Thumbs down Linksys trashed, engin is bad news. :(

Hi, thanks for the info.

UNfortunalty after having to do a factory settigns reset on my Linksys WRT54GP2-EA engin's server has trashed my box with some sort of weird provissioning. Both myself and engin are now locked out of the box and it is useless.

I am waiting for this to be rectified before I can try anything further with it.

While I wait, and wait and wait. ,.... I am researching different hardware to buy further down the trail. As you can imagine, I'm not too impressed with engin and this remote provisioning / locking of hardware rubbish at the moment.

Any recomendations on a router / VOIP / Wlan combo box thats good?

I have some requirements.

I need a 12VDC powerable box. (We revert to solar / battery here for blackouts).

And the ability to shape (lock down) router port speeds.

At the moment I'm looking at the Billion 6404VGP.

.-.-.
Unread 03-11-2007, 05:18 AM   #18
vk4akp

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by twen View Post
Hello =) I heard someone call my name !

Ok, I've a WRT54GP2 also at home. I didn't experience this problem yet. However after reading the thread, something come into my mind :

The WRT54GP2 is "only" a router. It's not able to connect to the net via ADSL. An ADSL modem is required, and vk4akp didn't mention any modem at all. So, I would check if the modem is forwarding port 5061 to the linksys' IP.

Hope this helps
Hi again, forgot to answer this.

The Router (Linksys WRT54GP2-EA) is attached directly to the SB5101i Optus Cable Modem.

So the ports should get through fine.

.-.-.
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #19
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk4akp View Post
UNfortunalty after having to do a factory settigns reset on my Linksys WRT54GP2-EA engin's server has trashed my box with some sort of weird provissioning. Both myself and engin are now locked out of the box and it is useless.
Hum... I think I'm misunderstanding something as.. what is this "engin" you're talking about ? I thought it was a service running on a computer (connected to the WRT) and using port 5060. apparently this is not the case ? Can you precise ?

Looking at the Linksys model name, you have a restricted model. I mean the phone provider inside your linksys is locked to one VoIP Provider. Being in Europe, I got the WRT54GP2-EU... Locked with PhoneSystems.net operator.
It's badly well known that Linksys is providing more and more WRT locked with one "local" provider, and a reset won't help. So both phone ports are locked only to one provider selected by Linksys.

Hopefully for me, I got one few model where a reset removes the phone configuration. So I can use any provider on any of the 2 lines. Unlocked WRT are named -NA.

I did a quick search on Google.com (looking for "WRT54GP2-EA"), and I get as first link this forums :
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/698922.html

Where a Daniel from Engin is answering you 2 days ago (march 9th) they are unlocking your device. So don't hurry.

the issue is not then a port issue, but a lock of the WRT by Linksys. I'm pleased to see that Engin is very nice to unlock your device.

Please tell us when / if this happens
twen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #20
vk4akp

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twen View Post
Hum... I think I'm misunderstanding something as..
Where a Daniel from Engin is answering you 2 days ago (march 9th) they are unlocking your device. So don't hurry.

the issue is not then a port issue, but a lock of the WRT by Linksys. I'm pleased to see that Engin is very nice to unlock your device.

Please tell us when / if this happens
Umm, yea sort of. You've got it a bit back to front. I'll explane.

The box is bought locked to engin VSP.

I joined engin, and then at the end of the first month they transfer you to a BYO plan and the box is unlocked.

At this point you can configure either line as it is open.

I found that I could still not make the Box work. I was told that a firmware upgrade was needed followed by a factory reset.

After doing this I was locked out of the box again.

Engin tells me that this should not happen and it is a config error at their end in the server.

Unfortunatly I am still left with a locked box that neither I or they can access.

They tell me they will rectify this or replace the Box.

So now I wait. And wait and wait. ...

Once I have a working box I can once again start to set up the second line to Voxalot and go from there.

I am also considering buying a Billion 6404VGP I am told they are very good and can be 12VDC powered as well.

.-.-.