Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
hisybr

hisybr is on a distinguished road
Default Server Working?

Hi,

Have not had service since about Friday last week. Have a dial tone, but any number dialed results in a fast busy signal. This includes dialing echo test (*600).

Tried a web call back between home PSTN and ATA. OK on connection to PSTN, but call to ATA diverts to voice mail -- as if ATA is not registered.

Checked ATA and everything looks OK (shows as being registered to au.voxalot.com).

Service has been up an running for some time, without problems, and have not changed anything recently on this end, so no obvious reason for service interruption.

Will try to re-register to US voxalot server, as I can't think of anything else to try at the moment. Appreciate any advice.

Cheers, Brian
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Brian,

Please PM me your account number.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Brian,

Please double check that you are using au.voxalot.com and *not* voxalot.com.au

Unread 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
hisybr

Default Confirm Server

Hi Martin,

Have now reset to us.voxalot.com for test purposes, however, prior to test was definitely set to au.voxalot.com. I was one of the last ones to switch over with the recent change -- we had some corro then. All has been working OK since then, so shouldn't be that.

Cheers, Brian
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #5
hisybr

Hi Martin,

Still no joy. Have reset to au.voxalot.com after letting it sit most of the day on us.voxalot.com with SIP providers unregistered.

Still get a busy signal when trying to dial *600.

Have been through all of my settings and re-booted several times.

Checked on my ATA (Leadtek BVA8051S call in one) and it appears to be running the current firmware.

I can initiate a web call back, so my VSPs are OK (SipPhone & SipMe).

Just appears as if my device is not registered under my voxalot account.

Any clues?

Cheers, Brian
Unread 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Perhaps doing a factory reset of your ATA and re-entering all the information would solve it. I know that sounds drastic but we have exactly that problem occur periodically on a SPA-2002 we own, where outbound calling gets completely corrupted while inbound works fine. Playing with settings don't work and we need to factory reset the unit to get it back to normal.
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
hisybr

Thanks Chris,

Did a factory reset and also read through your post --

"Voxalot and Sipura/ATA Tutorial: A Comprehensive Walkthrough"

-- to check settings (thanks).

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to have done it.

I don't have either outgoing or incoming. Outgoing just gets an engaged signal and incoming diverts to voice mail as if unregistered (did have one very funny moment testing today where it rang on a web call back, after I had unregistered the provider I was calling...).

Martin asked me to PM him my settings, which I will do now.

Cheers, Brian
Unread 10-16-2007, 02:41 AM   #8
hisybr

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply after reviewing the settings I sent you. I'm at work now, but will try your suggestions re STUN server, etc., when I get home.

Calls in the log that you noted last night were probably using web callback. Haven't been able to get anything but an engaged signal when dialing from handset -- not sure it that would register on your logs.

A few interesting test results today. Not sure what to make of them:

-- My brother-in-law phoned from a VOIP connection to our voxalot number and could not get through. However, he did managed to make our VOIP line ring when dialing our SipPhone number (registered through voxalot).

-- I tried calling both our SipPhone number and Gizmo Project number using web call back -- got my PSTN at work OK (1st leg), but got voice mail after 1 ring for both VOIP numbers. I interpret this as the numbers not being successfully registered OR perhaps NAT/router issues as you suggested.

-- However, I was successful with a web callback from my office PSTN to our home PSTN using SipBroker. SipBroker redirected the call from our home PSTN to our VOIP line. We have that PSTN registered on e164.org to our voxalot number.

So, seemingly inconsistent results. Both success and failure at getting through to SipPhone and Voxalot numbers.

My brother-in-law was calling SipPhone to SipPhone (I think, but at least VOIP to VOIP). However, when I am doing a web call back it should be exactly the same I would think, but I couldn't get through.

He couldn't get through to the voxalot number (but has been able to before), but using SipBroker I appear be able to successfully connect to the voxalot number.

If I'm right about it being either a registration issue or a router issue, does the inconsistent results above either support or exclude either of these based on your understanding?

I know we had issues with our SipMe account initially not registering correctly. Had to finally get the VSP to reset or something like that. This seemed to be a voxalot/SipMe registration issue, but fixed on their end. I actually have an outstanding ticket with SipMe (not happy with their lack of response on technical support) as we can call out OK, but don't seem to be able to receive. Not an issue as most of our callers just use one of our other VOIP numbers.

My next step is probably to try a factory reset on the router tonight (Billion BIPAC 5102 modem/router). Hoping you have another suggestion... (Will try STUN, etc., first).

Cheers, Brian
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #9
martin

Hi Brian,

The call log entries I sent you are definitely from your phone as Web Callback logs differently.

The fact that the calls are hitting the server and the device is registering suggests a NAT issue.

Please let me know via return email your results.

Thanks.

Unread 10-17-2007, 04:27 AM   #10
hisybr

Hi Martin,

As requested, sent you an email last night (actually two). Was wondering if you got it, but looks like you might be offline. Let me know when you get it.

Cheers, Brian
Closed Thread