Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #11
Tslam

Tslam is on a distinguished road

> Cfwd Dest = 123456

Ah, brilliant! Thanks.

Now I can Cfwd to Voicemail. After recording one message, I can hear the SPA voicemail stutter tone when I pick up the handset. And I can retrieve & delete the message(s). It's very clunky, and rather distorted, but it works.

Other quirks to iron out:

. as the SPA call forwards to voicemail, ringing stops briefly, then resumes another 5-6 rings before I hear the vmail greeting - why not "immediately"?
. it doesn't email me a .wav file - why not?

The next step will be to try the "warmline" from the PSTN gateway. Maybe that's a project for tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: I suppose that the Cfwd Dest to 123456 is diverting to voxalot voicemail because Line1 is busy. This is a "loopback", but apparently it works with voxalot - it didn't work with Astratel. That's why Astratel gave me their vmail IP address (about six months ago, when they were keenly supporting Whirlpool users).

I'm still thinking that forwarding to the voicemail server itself is more elegant, if voxalot allows it. That could avoid the 5-6 extra rings.

Last edited by Tslam; 06-13-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Tslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #12
BJReplay

BJReplay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslam
as the SPA call forwards to voicemail, ringing stops briefly, then resumes another 5-6 rings before I hear the vmail greeting
Dunno. Do you want to save, zip and attach your SPA config HTM? I'll see if I can spot anything.

Quote:
. it doesn't email me a .wav file - why not?
Dunno again. I think that the .com server does, but maybe not the .com.au server. Haven't tested in detail, but I have usually been receiving e-mails, but not in the last few days I think. Had three messages overnight on Sunday while we were away, and no e-mails, cause I checked, but VMWI was on when we got home. Also, I suspect that it waits a while before it emails, so if you clear the VM first, no e-mail.

Quote:
The next step will be to try the "warmline" from the PSTN gateway. Maybe that's a project for tomorrow afternoon.
How about a warm line to voice mail: Hear the VM stutter dial tone, wait a few more seconds, and get prompted for your pin?
|P7 <:500>|
BJReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:14 AM   #13
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Haven't tested in detail, but I have usually been receiving e-mails, but not in the last few days I think. Had three messages overnight on Sunday while we were away, and no e-mails, cause I checked, but VMWI was on when we got home. Also, I suspect that it waits a while before it emails, so if you clear the VM first, no e-mail.
Email notifications of voicemail are usually sent within seconds. It appears that email notifications are not currently working. I have asked Martin to investigate.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #14
Tslam

BJReplay...

As per my last "EDIT", I think that the 5-6 rings is due to the 30 secs that voxalot waits before diverting to voicemail. This is meant to be the response when ppl ring my 123456 VoIP number when I'm busy or "unregistered". I understand that this delay is fixed.

As you know, I want to "call forward" direct to the voicemail greeting; without the delay. Your suggestion <:500> does that, but it prompts for the vmail pin. That's inappropriate when other ppl ring me to leave a message. I tried Cfwd Dest = 500:vpin, but that just rings out!

What does the Line1.Voice Mail Server setting do? Voxalot's FAQ says it should be set to "@voxalot.com" to enable VMWI. I don't have a VM indicator light, but the SPA gives me a handset stutter tone, whether VMS is blank or otherwise.

I might try asking the Voxalot rep's in another thread or privately, re how to forward to my vmail greeting. Unless one of you can respond to this post!

Thanks.
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #15
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

On the call forwarding page in the default section try forwarding to:

sip:<you voxalot number>@voxalot.com:5061

and mark it as active. We have not tried this but give it a go.

BTW email should now be working.

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #16
pvergers

pvergers is on a distinguished road

email is working now, thanks martin
pvergers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #17
Tslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
On the call forwarding page in the default section try forwarding to:

sip:<you voxalot number>@voxalot.com:5061

and mark it as active.
Hi Martin, how are you.

Unfortunately this just rings out. I assume you meant:

SPA3k>User 1.Cfwd No Ans Dest = 123456@voxalot.com:5061

I don't understand what you mean by "mark it as active".

I also tried :5060, not really expecting it to work. The SPA seems to use 5060for "Line1" and 5061 for "PSTNLine" (it has twin audio and SIP interfaces). PSTN calls are incoming to PSTNLine, and cross to Line1 to be picked up by the callee. If no one picks up, then the call is forwarded thru port 5061 from PSTNLine(??). Anyhow, like I said, it just rings out. The Info screen reports an attempted call from PSTNLine to 123456@127.0.0.1:5060.

Is this attempting to sip voxalot's voicemail server directly, or am I trying to call myself, thereby diverting to voicemail? I thought that the call should be addressed somehow to the voicemail server, not the SIP server... trouble is, I don't really understand what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks again.
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #18
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I think Martin means to put:
"sip:<you voxalot number>@voxalot.com:5061"
in your voxalot call forward setup at voxalot.com -- not on your SPA3K.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #19
Tslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity
put:
"sip:<you voxalot number>@voxalot.com:5061"
in your voxalot call forward setup
Ok, that makes sense, but it still rings 5-6 times between SPA Cfwd and the voice mail greeting. It did that without voxalot call forwarding. I suspect that having voxalot forward to mysip is no different from calling <mysip> with Cfwd No Ans Dest = 123456... it's essentially a "loopback".

I'm not sure what "From" pattern is required, I just tried 123456@voxalot.com.

The voice mail greeting was truncated (it started late).
Unread 11-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
MrHatken

MrHatken is on a distinguished road

I can't seem to find that field setting (Voice Mail Server for Line 1 ) on my SPA 3000 admin. Could this be because I am not running the latest firmware (I have 2.x) or am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,
Ashley.
MrHatken is offline   Reply With Quote