Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #1
ArtSoft

ArtSoft is on a distinguished road
Default Always getting "Sorry the number you have called could not be connected"

I configured my Broadvoice SIP inbound provider as:
From domain: sip.broadvoice.com
Host: sip.broadvoice.com
Sip Register: Yes
This registered OK, displays its status as registered in the provider list, and apparently works for the inbound call as I do not get to the Broadvoice voicemail as I do when it is not registered. However no matter what I set in the call connection options (Voicemail, SIP URI, forward to other number) for all incoming calls to the broadvoice number, I always get the same message in female voice:
"Sorry the number you have called could not be connected".

The outbound calls work fine. Apparently the calls get stuck somewhere in the voxalot, not sure why, any ideas?
ArtSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Your problem is most likely located in your Smart Call List (Dial Plans). What is the result when you enter the desired number in the Dial Plan Test area?
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
ArtSoft

ArtSoft is on a distinguished road
Question

No matter what I select in the dial plans, the result is the same for the incoming calls - "Your call could not be connected". The outgoing calls work fine. The dial test says that the broadvoice number will be forwarded via various providers. There seems to be no option not to forward it. So, changes in the dial plans do not seem to affect the error message for the inbound calls. How do I configure it so the incoming calls get at least somewhere? What is the algorithm for the incoming calls? What rules apply and in which order: the call connection rules and then smart dial plans?
ArtSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The short answer:
-Outbound calls should work fine with BroadVoice (this is where Smart Call/Dial Plans are concerned)
-Inbound Calls while BroadVoice is registered in VoXalot will not work
The issue is that BroadVoice should be sending traffic to:
<6 Digit Number>@VoXalotIP
However they are sending traffic to:
<Your Broadvoice Username>@VoXalotIP

See http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...d-calling.html

Currently both VoXalot, or MySipSwitch are unable to register with BroadVoice, PBXes is the only one with a feature that should allow you to receive calls with BroadVoice (you can then have them forwarded to VoXalot if you wish)

Also for a list of current known issues (including a few other providers with this problem) see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...solutions.html
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote