Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 08-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road
Default Call records & providers

Is it me, or do the call records ONLY show initiated calls (i.e. ones I initiate), rather than any routed to me?

I'd like records of who rang me, and via which VSP they came in on.

Similarly, (and I think this has been requested before), I'd like the option to prefix a 1 or 2 digit code (than a colon) onto any incoming number received from a VSP - as I've no idea (currently) wether a call coming in on my handset is from PSTN, someone direct calling my Voxalot acct, or using one of my VSP DDI numbers registered with Voxalot....

In a nutshell, PSTN numbers would appear as normal.
Calls to my Voxalot number (directly) might show up as VX:123456 (where 123456 is the calling number)

Calls to my VSP DDI number (directly, then to Voxalot) might show up as FW:12345678 (where 12345678 is the calling number

Is this possible?
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

Why not even include the call recording feature similar like Pbxes and Easypbx.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road

Voxalot only initiate (connect) the calls, they don't handle the traffic - so can't record the call conversations - and if you use secure endpoints, they wouldn't be able to record it anyway as it would be encrypted point to point.

They can however see the calls you initate, and via what provider - and what calls you receive (as long as they come in to you via Voxalot), and via what provider - and thats what I'm after!

(along with maybe provider CLID prefix additions as mentioned)
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptruman View Post
Voxalot only initiate (connect) the calls, they don't handle the traffic - so can't record the call conversations - and if you use secure endpoints, they wouldn't be able to record it anyway as it would be encrypted point to point.
Not always true. I've seen plenty of calls where Voxalot handles the RTP media stream for the entire call duration. I think it has something to do with the "Optimize Audio Path" setting in the user's Voxalot account.

It's often unclear to the user whether the RTP packets are going through Voxalot or directly between endpoints. Unless I'm using packet sniffer software I can never be 100% sure which way the RTP stream is traveling, and this is something of an annoyance to me. I like low latency audio, so I'd prefer that the call fail (or at least that I get some notice) if it cannot achieve direct RTP stream between endpoints.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote