Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
jb99

jb99 is on a distinguished road
Default help...extensions/trunks...

hello all,
ive a premiuim voxlot account, which i think i may have bought in error....#
i have a gsm gateway, which i want to function effectivily as an incoming did- that is to say, someone phones mobile, and gateway sends call via sip to my voxalot account...as such i will need sip address provided for the purpose to register said gateway.
this sip address would function as an incoming did- as anincoming trunk...
unlike a did which already has sip adress provided by the did provider, my gateway installed in my house would need some form of address from voxalot- question.....
does voxalot on a the 25 dollar account provide said address? .. if the address is simply your user id @voxalot.com, then what would the sip address be for my nokia phone which i might log onto my voxy account?
what im after is a pbx that can take an incoming call from my gsm gateway , or take a call from my did and send it to my gsm gateway ...do i have this facility with the 25dollar account ??
any answers?
jb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Your SIP URI is 123456@voxalot.com (substitute your VoX number for 123456)
You can also use these alternatives:
-123456@xx.voxalot.com (where xx can be us, eu or au depending on whic server you're using).
-*010123456@voxalot.com

Now if the GSM gateway can send calls to SIP URIs, incoming calls to the gateway can be passed to VoXalot.

The second part, about passing calls from VoXalot to the gateway... does the gateway have its own SIP URI...or maybe does it allow you to register with a SIP Provide to receive calls on the SIP provider and pass them on to GSM...

What's the grand scheme of things you're trying to achieve...maybe I can be of more help if I understand what you're trying to get at...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
jb99

jb99 is on a distinguished road

thanks for your reply ,, i really do appreciate it...
my aim is qiute simple,i want to install a gsm gateway the other side of the world, and i want to install a gsm gateway in my country here.. when gateway 1 recives an incoming call , i want gateway 2 to receive it via voxy and dial out a telephone number programmed in voxy using gateway 2 sim card..that way- no roaming.
if i had a did provider in the same location as gatewy1 - eg a did provider in south africa , when some one phones that did in s.a ,voxy would forward that incoming call via voip provider of my choice to a cell phone in england.
in my scenario// in england the "voip provider" in this case would be my gsm gateway installed in my house, and in south africa the" did provider " would be the gsm gateway installed there.
of course , the gsm gateways are not dids, since they each need a unique sip uri , - or so i belive, which a did provider would naturally .. provide.. as part of being a did .
my gsm gateway , doesnt have any sip uri- it needs one provided for it...
i think the more i write , the more i reveal my lack of knowledge- my only refernce point till now , has been the service provided by pbxes,
they provide a bunch of sip accounts and and do all the forwarding you set up,if you program one device - one extensiion with one of said sips u can then call another extension on one of the other sips they would provide - off hand i think they give out 5 sips per free account. ,, in this case my gsm gateways would be the extensions .
any advice , would be appreciated as always
jb99
jb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

It might be helpful if you identify the Make/Model Number of the GSM gateway.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb99 View Post
thanks for your reply ,, i really do appreciate it...
my aim is qiute simple,i want to install a gsm gateway the other side of the world, and i want to install a gsm gateway in my country here.. when gateway 1 recives an incoming call , i want gateway 2 to receive it via voxy and dial out a telephone number programmed in voxy using gateway 2 sim card..that way- no roaming.
if i had a did provider in the same location as gatewy1 - eg a did provider in south africa , when some one phones that did in s.a ,voxy would forward that incoming call via voip provider of my choice to a cell phone in england.
in my scenario// in england the "voip provider" in this case would be my gsm gateway installed in my house, and in south africa the" did provider " would be the gsm gateway installed there.
of course , the gsm gateways are not dids, since they each need a unique sip uri , - or so i belive, which a did provider would naturally .. provide.. as part of being a did .
my gsm gateway , doesnt have any sip uri- it needs one provided for it...
i think the more i write , the more i reveal my lack of knowledge- my only refernce point till now , has been the service provided by pbxes,
they provide a bunch of sip accounts and and do all the forwarding you set up,if you program one device - one extensiion with one of said sips u can then call another extension on one of the other sips they would provide - off hand i think they give out 5 sips per free account. ,, in this case my gsm gateways would be the extensions .
any advice , would be appreciated as always
jb99
So what can your GSM gateways do ... in terms of functions:
-Can they forward to a SIP URI? (I think you mentioned above they could)
-Can they register with a SIP Provider (or something more familiar to you, could you get them to register with an extension at PBXes).
-If yes to the second question above, can they dial out numbers using that SIP provider?

I second Kurun's suggestion...if you know the make and model of the GSM gateways we could dig up their specs...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote