Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot Voicemail asking for Mailbox

Hi

Another problem that began with my Mom's account recently.

When she calls from her Voxalot extension to *500, Camelon Mail is asking for "Mailbox" and "Password" It never asked for mailbox before as it always knew her mailbox number. There has been no changes to her Sipura ATA's configuraiton.

Anyhow knows what maybe wrong?

Also, in some cases it is saying "password incorrect".

We tested with codec g729.1 and g711u.

Thanks in advance

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Hi

Another problem that began with my Mom's account recently.

When she calls from her Voxalot extension to *500, Camelon Mail is asking for "Mailbox" and "Password" It never asked for mailbox before as it always knew her mailbox number. There has been no changes to her Sipura ATA's configuraiton.

Anyhow knows what maybe wrong?

Also, in some cases it is saying "password incorrect".

We tested with codec g729.1 and g711u.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Having read your previous post about BetaMax calls something is odd...

VM uses the CID sent by VoXalot to identify the acct... if it cannot identify an account it'll then ask for the mailbox number (eg. if you call in from SipBroker)

Anything change in the last little while along these lines:
-Internet connection, or new router
-The Block CID setting on the SPA1001 having been turned on by mistake
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
richard

Hi Emoci

No nothing has changed with the configuration of the SPA. The "Block CID Serv:" is set to "Yes", but this is the case for my all three SPA1001s I administer (My Dad's, My Mom's and My own) and call to the VM on my Dad and my SPA1001s does not ask for mailbox. See Supplementary Service Subscription for Line 1 attached.

There has not been any changes to the Internet Connection or Router, although, as mentioned, the IP address renewed and changed recently.

I am not located near my Mom's SPA, so I remotely administer it. I will probably instruct her on how to do a factory reset tomorrow and see if that helps. (both this and the BetaMax problem)

Thanks

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SuppServSub.jpg (37.7 KB, 7 views)
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

I don't have time to re-investigate this now, but last year I noticed an issue affecting my Linksys SPA2102 ATA. It needed "Block CID Setting:" = no in order to be fully functional with Voxalot. At the moment I can't say if this issue affects just some or all of Voxalot's 5 servers. The issue did not affect my old PAP2 which I could use with "Block CID Setting:" either yes or no.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
richard

Hi Boatman, a Factory Reset of the SPA1001 fixed this problem and the Voice mail problem. I was avoiding doing this as my Mom isn't good with following these instructions, but got someone to help and in the end everything is working again.

Thanks for your help

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
I don't have time to re-investigate this now, but last year I noticed an issue affecting my Linksys SPA2102 ATA. It needed "Block CID Setting:" = no in order to be fully functional with Voxalot. At the moment I can't say if this issue affects just some or all of Voxalot's 5 servers. The issue did not affect my old PAP2 which I could use with "Block CID Setting:" either yes or no.
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:35 AM   #6
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'd like to redirect this thread slightly. What I'd like to be able to do is check my voxalot voicemail from a different voxalot account. Is there some number I can dial that will prompt me for the mailbox number I'd like to check? In other words, so the system doesn't presume I'm trying to check voicemail for the voxalot account from which I'm calling?

Thanks,
James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjam View Post
Hi. I'd like to redirect this thread slightly. What I'd like to be able to do is check my voxalot voicemail from a different voxalot account. Is there some number I can dial that will prompt me for the mailbox number I'd like to check? In other words, so the system doesn't presume I'm trying to check voicemail for the voxalot account from which I'm calling?

Thanks,
James
-You'd be better off checking VM using a SipBroker access number from a regular phone
-Call Access Number
-Dial *010*500

Alternatively try enabling Block CID on the VoXalot acct. you're trying to check from (if the VM system asks you for Mailbox...you've suceeded...mailbox number is your 6 digit VoXalot number).

Should warn that forgetting Block CID on... can mess with other aspects of functioning of the VoXalot acct.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #8
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjam View Post

Thanks,
James
There is a way to do this as follows from an account whose setup and configuration you can access :

1) Set up a VoIP Service Provider (VSP) that allows peering with Sipbroker

2) Create a rule in your dial plan such that when you call a specific number (Eg 501), the call is routed via that provider to *010500#; include the provider prefix required for Sipbroker access, if any for that provider, in your dial plan.

Now from your handset dial 501# per the example above.
The call will route to Sipbroker, which will send it to the Voxalot Voicemail service.

You will hear a message "Comedian Mail - Mailbox".
Enter your 6 digit Voxalot Mailbox number that you want to check.
Enter your PIN when requested.

That's it.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
tatjam

That sounds like a great solution, kurun. Unfortunately my understanding of VOIP and SIP telephony is at a sufficiently rudimentary level that I can't figure out how to implement it. One point of confusion for me is the meaning of the phrase "(a VSP) that allows peering with Sipbroker." I just don't get what that means and I suppose that, without further explanation or instruction, I'll just have to read more about this technology before I will understand it.

I do have an account with callcentric, which I have understood from reading in some forums, does allow peering with Sipbroker. But I use callcentric mainly as a temporary host for my former PSTN number: there's just an outgoing message there informing of my new VOIP number. Apart from some initial experimentation I did with callcentric, I haven't used that account for any outgoing calls.

Voxalot's dialing plans are another grey area for me: I have only a vaue conception of how they work. More research will be required for that as well.

Ideally, if this will be possible for me, I hope to implement a solution along the lines of what you've mentioned, except one that uses configuration options on my ATA (Sipura 2100)--like, maybe by setting up a speed dial entry. I did find one speed dial entry I could put there as a sort of test, one that connects to Sipbroker: *266300@sipbroker.com. I tried a similarly-configured speed dial entry for voxalot as *010500@sipbroker.com but that didn't work the way I was hoping it would.

But anyway thanks for your suggestions. If I can find the time I plan to delve into this to see if I can better understand your advice, then implement it.

James

Last edited by tatjam; 02-13-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
tatjam

The only way I've been able to get this to work so far is by having the following entry in the replacement blank in Smart Dial/Dial Plan:
Quote:
**275*010500${EXTEN:2}
Since I have _99 as the Pattern, when I dial 99#, the call gets routed to callcentric and **257*010500 gets prepended, while 99 is stripped off. This works, i.e., it gets me Comedian voicemail and the prompt to enter a mailbox number, but that doesn't seem to be exactly what you were describing.

Any further tips on implementing this in a more elegant way?

Thanks,
James

PS
Quote:
${EXTEN:2}**275*010500
works too.

Last edited by tatjam; 02-18-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added info