Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 02-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road
Default toll-free dial-around plus code entry; help needed

I use a betamax reseller as my main voice provider (VP). They're not 100% reliable--sometimes I place a call and can hear the person on the other end but they can't hear me. So I need a back-up VP.

In cases where the betamax reseller fails like this, I've been using a toll-free dial-around service, i.e., one of those where you dial a toll-free number, enter your code, then dial the number you wish to call. That's kind of inconvenient though, because you have to punch in something like 35 digits to place a call. I've simplified matters a little by setting up a speed dial rule in my ATA (spa-2100) that dials the toll-free number, but I'm still stuck with dialing 24 digits. My hope is that there's some way--whether through configuring the ATA or through voxalot's dial plans--to get this down to just 10 numbers (area code and number of the party I want to dial).

The hang-up with doing this on the ATA (by setting up a speed dial) is that so far I've not been able to determine how to introduce a pause. The pause is needed because the toll-free dial-around service has to first answer, then prompt for the code, before asking that the destination number be entered.

So, is there any way, either through configuring my ATA or through setting up a speed dial entry in my voxalot account, to cut the need for dialing down from 35 digits to 10 or so? Suggestions for accomplishing this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Last edited by beaver; 02-12-2010 at 06:47 AM.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Mmmm, I think you might've contributed this reply to the wrong thread. If not, feel free to point out what, precisely, I've missed in your reply that addresses my questions.

James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote