Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
7iron

7iron is on a distinguished road
Default New to Voxalot some feedback - what does provider status "-" mean ??

So I'm trying to register providers and the status is "-".

Would be useful if the bottom of the add provider page had some info on what the status meant. Also tried the FAQ and tutorials. And did a search here.

Its just a simple thing I'm sure I'll work out if that means I am registered or not and then totally forget that I ever had the question.

Cheers
7iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

The status field on a provider is used when "SIP Register" is set to "Yes". Otherwise it is not relevant which is why the "-" value is used.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
voxod

voxod is on a distinguished road

So there are two registrations? One is register (setting up a provider and getting it to say "active") and the other is SIP register? Or maybe it's just unclear and the category called "status" is unclear. The category status should be changed to say what it means because we all think there's a status on every provider we've added whether we answered "yes" to "SIP Register" or not. I'm not trying to complain but the semantics of the words used just don't really register!

Last edited by voxod; 03-18-2007 at 06:09 PM.
voxod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:32 AM   #4
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Set to "Active" means that the provider can be used for outgoing calls via your dial plan.

Setting SIP Register to "Yes" means that you can receive incoming calls from this provider -- however if the provider offers SIP URI forwarding features, then you should not have to set SIP Register to "Yes", instead you set the SIP URI forward to your voxalot account -- ala sip:123123@voxalot.com

The other caveat is that some providers require an account to be registered so that outgoing calls can be made. If your provider doesn't have this limitation and incoming calls from the provider are not required, then settings SIP Register to "No" is the best setting to use.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #5
poyner

poyner is on a distinguished road

Maybe the "-" could be changed to "N/A" or "Not Registered" or something similar?
poyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Good suggestions. We have made a note of the concerns and will address them in the next release.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote