Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Rmgi

Rmgi is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Problems with a registration Service Provider (Telsome).

Hi,

This is mi first message in this forum. Sorry for my english because i come from Spain.

I've problems with one of my usual supplier of VoIp. This supplier is Telsome.

When i use it in my ATA adaptor (PAP2T) i don´t have any problem. But when I use Telsome whit Voxalot: in the first hours after the resgistration in Voxalot, Telsmome works ok. But the problem stars when a few hours pass.

Then, Voxalot says "Request sent" and i can´t receive incoming calls (but i can do outbound calls), attach a file with a problem.

The solution for this problem just comes if i turn to register Telsome in Service Provider List of Voxalot (when a few hours pass, problem returns...).

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voxalot.jpg (96.3 KB, 9 views)
Rmgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmgi View Post
Hi,

This is mi first message in this forum. Sorry for my english because i come from Spain.

I've problems with one of my usual supplier of VoIp. This supplier is Telsome.

When i use it in my ATA adaptor (PAP2T) i don´t have any problem. But when I use Telsome whit Voxalot: in the first hours after the resgistration in Voxalot, Telsmome works ok. But the problem stars when a few hours pass.

Then, Voxalot says "Request sent" and i can´t receive incoming calls (but i can do outbound calls), attach a file with a problem.

The solution for this problem just comes if i turn to register Telsome in Service Provider List of Voxalot (when a few hours pass, problem returns...).

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks.

So it registers at first it says REGISTERED, but after a while goes to REQUEST SENT?

The other thing is, do you really need to register it... Do you have a DID number from Telsome where you are expecting people to call you?

(Remember you only need to SIP Register a provider if you are planning on receiving calls from that provider, if all you are doing is using it to call out, you don't need to register it in most cases)

In fact unless there is a number attached to your FreeCalls acct, I would suggest not registering that either...

Last edited by emoci; 11-10-2007 at 04:00 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
Rmgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
So it registers at first it says REGISTERED, but after a while goes to REQUEST SENT?

The other thing is, do you really need to register it... Do you have a DID number from Telsome where you are expecting people to call you?

(Remember you only need to SIP Register a provider if you are planning on receiving calls from that provider, if all you are doing is using it to call out, you don't need to register it in most cases)

In fact unless there is a number attached to your FreeCalls acct, I would suggest not registering that either...
Hi,

Yes, with Telsome I have a geographic DID and receive incoming calls. I need to be registered with Telsome.

Now, as you said, I changed configuration of others providers, that only use for outbound calls (include image).

And yes, when I edit the configuration of Telsome in Voxalot, perfectly register, but after a while goes to "Request send", and then it doesn't change until I turn to change the configuration.

Thanks for your answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voxalot_2.jpg (97.6 KB, 12 views)
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Rmgi

I just want to say that, when use my Telsome's account with the ATA adaptor (Linksys PAP2T) I don't have any problem to call and receive incoming calls.

Bye.
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:

And yes, when I edit the configuration of Telsome in Voxalot, perfectly register, but after a while goes to "Request send", and then it doesn't change until I turn to change the configuration.
I am not sure why it is behaving this way. But just to confirm, VoXalot does show it as REGISTERED in the status line at some point, then it changes to REQUEST SENT right?

Hopefully when martin or craig are around they can give a bit more details on why this would be happening....

Ideally you want to use this from VoXalot, but if that fails, you said you're using a PAP2T right, that has 2 lines, are you using the 2nd line for anything?
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Rmgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I am not sure why it is behaving this way. But just to confirm, VoXalot does show it as REGISTERED in the status line at some point, then it changes to REQUEST SENT right?
Yes, it happens that way. Few hours after, in the line that show "Registered" it changes to "Request sent". Then, Telsome doesn't receive incoming calls but I can make outbound calls.

It doesn't change until I edit and save (without changes in any chapter configuration).

Quote:
Ideally you want to use this from VoXalot, but if that fails, you said you're using a PAP2T right, that has 2 lines, are you using the 2nd line for anything?
I'm interested in use only one telephone to make and receive calls.
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:

I'm interested in use only one telephone to make and receive calls.
You would still be able to do just that, but rather than VoXalot handling your registration, your PAP2 will, just for incoming calls.

Eg.

-You turn registration for Telsome in VoXalot off (or remove Telsome from VoXalot, this way the registration will clear faster)
-Now access your PAP2T web interface, and register Telsome in Line 2 (the line where you do not have a telephone connected)
-Then under USER 2 (if you used line 2 to register) you will find a "Cfwd All Dest:" field. In here you enter 123456@voxalot.com (replace 123456 with your VoXalot number)
-If everything works well, now when you call Telsome, Line 2 will forward to VoXalot automatically which will ring Line 1 where your phone is connected normally to VoXalot

-If all that works, now just add Telsome to VoXalot without registration, just for outbound calls

So you still receive calls from Telsome, and make outgoing calls with VoXalot and the providers you have there from the same phone (the only downside is that you're now using both lines on the PAP2T, so you don't have a spare if you just wanted to test something)

I am using a similar setup for VBuzzer myself, it may or may not work, but it's worth a try. Remember this is a just in case, "worst case scenario" idea, if we can't figure out why VoXalot won't work....
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road

Im wondering, i have linksys adapter with 2 line, i was wondering if callforwarding would work with sipgate ?

Voxalot will not registered with sipgate but for outgoing calls its ok.

So if i registered sipgate with line 2 and do a callforwarding to line 1 that is registerd with voxalot it will work ?

I have had problem with making it to work, where it says callforwarding, shell i just write my voxalot number 9900xxx@voxalot.com ? or should it be
sip:9900xxx@voxalot.com ?

Anyone know if it works with sipgate?

regards from shezad
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote