Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #21
RDP

RDP is on a distinguished road

I get the call but can't proceed past "please wait while we try that extension"

Call to my phone via Iconnecthere
Call to Canada landline (free) via Voipbuster

Figure this should work, but.....

Thanks,
RDP
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #22
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Not sure about others but here in Australia I have not been able to get voipbuster to work as a provider in the web callback.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #23
voxod

voxod is on a distinguished road

I tried using Freedigits out and Internetcalls.com in and vice versa. Phone rings inbound and I hear the message to wait for the extension to ring (I hear that 75% of time but not always) and then the other line rings and there's nothing but a dial tone on it and the original inbound phone starts a busy tone.

Not sure if the webcall back is really working well. Any clues why this doesn't work? I have in the past had Internetcalls.com work in and out but I tried that too today and that does the same thing...rings other phone but no one there when I pick up and the busy signal on the original inbound line.

Jamie
voxod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #24
Pastrugno

Pastrugno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Pastrugno Send a message via AIM to Pastrugno Send a message via MSN to Pastrugno Send a message via Yahoo to Pastrugno Send a message via Skype™ to Pastrugno
Unhappy

Yesterday finally it warked really fine, but then I had a lot of problems and now I'm note able to use my voicemail!!!
I've posted these new problems in the Italian forum.
Bye
Pastrugno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #25
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Okay, after having done some works with Martin and also a contact at FreeCall, I have the following conclusions:

Web call back worked for me because my voxalot number was the same as my FreeCall number. Since the last time this worked, FreeCall has further developed SIP trunking and as a result of these works, multi-legs no longer work with the same account -- the solution is to get a secondary sub-account at a monthly cost of $2, which is reasonable.

Now, the next problem and probably why web call back with FreeCall may not have worked for others (including Martin) is that the caller ID that is sent to FreeCall is the voxalot account number and NOT the FreeCall account number (username); thus my sub-account, which has a different FreeCall number to my voxalot account, does not currently work with voxalot. The solution here is to send the provider account's username as the caller ID and not the voxalot account number when the call is setup using FreeCall.

I think that if this all turns out to be true and fully correct, then other providers may be found to work with Voxalot when it was considered to be a problem.

SIP trunking, if used by any provider, may mean that multiple accounts (or sub-accounts in FreeCall's case) will be needed to do two legs of a web call back through the same provider.

So, any call set up undertaken by voxalot should use the member's specific provider details for authorization AND send the actual provider's username as the caller ID to help ensure maximum compatibility with voxalot systems and processes.

If an extra field was added to the provider details to include a 'caller id' component, and such component was used when setting up the call, then that would be another suitable alternative. Perhaps then the providers can, if they wish to allow it, accept calls from accounts with caller ID's that are different to the actual username as setup for the account -- for instance sending a mobile phone number or a 1300 or fixed number in place of the normal caller ID.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote