Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

 
 
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
rybshik
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rybshik is on a distinguished road
Default VoIP callback server (feature request)

Looking for the following solution(s)
1) Callback for a local mobile phone.
Let’s say I have a cell phone with unlimited in-bound minutes.
To request a call-back, I dial a local (or 800-number) DID, which I own. This DID points to the SIP address of the incoming trunk of my callback server. The callback server looks at the CID of incoming calls and if it matches my cell phone number, then it rings back to my cell phone. It is important that the ring-back call is routed via a VoIP provider of my choice.

2) Callback for a remote international location. The previous scheme is extended as follows. The request for call-back is sent as SIP-call at the SIP address of the incoming trunk of the callback server. When the callback server receives such a request, it matches the SIP address of the sender and, based on it, rings back to a PSTN number associated with the SIP address. Again, the ring-back call is routed via a VoIP provider of my choice.

Comment: Given cheap mobile rates in the USA, call-back does not provide much savings there. But I am in Canada.
I am aware of Voicestick’s i2Bridge service, but it is not provided in Canada and is not flexible enough. I am also aware of Pbxes.org services, but am note sure if they provide the flexibility of option (2)
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
amac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
amac is on a distinguished road
Default DID Call Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
Looking for the following solution(s)
1) Callback for a local mobile phone.
Let’s say I have a cell phone with unlimited in-bound minutes.
To request a call-back, I dial a local (or 800-number) DID, which I own. This DID points to the SIP address of the incoming trunk of my callback server. The callback server looks at the CID of incoming calls and if it matches my cell phone number, then it rings back to my cell phone. It is important that the ring-back call is routed via a VoIP provider of my choice.

2) Callback for a remote international location. The previous scheme is extended as follows. The request for call-back is sent as SIP-call at the SIP address of the incoming trunk of the callback server. When the callback server receives such a request, it matches the SIP address of the sender and, based on it, rings back to a PSTN number associated with the SIP address. Again, the ring-back call is routed via a VoIP provider of my choice.

Comment: Given cheap mobile rates in the USA, call-back does not provide much savings there. But I am in Canada.
I am aware of Voicestick’s i2Bridge service, but it is not provided in Canada and is not flexible enough. I am also aware of Pbxes.org services, but am note sure if they provide the flexibility of option (2)
I also live in Canada and the only good thing about my mobile service is unlimited incoming calls. So I am looking for the same solution. I own several DID's and would love to find a way to use them as call back DID and allow when the CID is recognised terminate the communication and allow the voxalot use a SIP provider of my choice call me back (at a number of my choice) and either using the same SIP or an other SIP of my choice to dial out.

Ex.:

I call from my mobile my DID registered with Voxalot.
When the CID is recognised Voxalot terminates the call or I just hang up
Voxalot uses a SIP of my choice to call me back
I receive a callback with a dial tone of a SIP
Then I would dial out

I think 1 DID and 2 SIP accounts would be need unless the SIP accounts allow multiple calls simultaneously which most do.

Keep me posted

Last edited by amac; 11-05-2007 at 05:52 PM.
amac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
chatalot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default

Doesn't the mobile web-callback achieve what you want?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
amac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
amac is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
Doesn't the mobile web-callback achieve what you want?
Not really, the cost for mobile data transfer in Canada is really expensive. I checked the web-callback, it uses about 15k so it would cost me 0,85$ per call. I would have to pay 42,50$ for 50 calls with web-callback compared to not paying a thing using the way mentioned above.

Last edited by amac; 11-06-2007 at 03:40 PM.
amac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
emoci
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 123
Thanked 369 Times in 282 Posts
emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
Not really, the cost for mobile data transfer in Canada is really expensive. I checked the web-callback, it uses about 15k so it would cost me 0,85$ per call. I would have to pay 42,50$ for 50 calls with web-callback compared to not paying a thing using the way mentioned above.
The question comes down to: Are you willing to pay for it, or do you want it for free (this last one has proven hard to find)?

VoXalot is supposed to eventually release VoXRoam (I say eventually since there is no set date yet), and it's supposed to do just that, CallBack.

That said, depending on what you are willing to pay monthly there are some options out there right now (look at PBXes or VBuzzer's CallBack feature), although limited....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
amac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
amac is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
The question comes down to: Are you willing to pay for it, or do you want it for free (this last one has proven hard to find)?

VoXalot is supposed to eventually release VoXRoam (I say eventually since there is no set date yet), and it's supposed to do just that, CallBack.

That said, depending on what you are willing to pay monthly there are some options out there right now (look at PBXes or VBuzzer's CallBack feature), although limited....

I've searched the web for callback service the way it is described above and the lowest i found was 12$ a month unlimited calling. I also found (0.05$ connecting fee) unlimited calling SMS (international number) callback (Int'l sms fee 0,14$). If I could find a Canadian or American number for sms callback with unlimited calling that would be great.
I also found a mobile callback software that only uses only 4k
amac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
emoci
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,422
Thanks: 123
Thanked 369 Times in 282 Posts
emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
I've searched the web for callback service the way it is described above and the lowest i found was 12$ a month unlimited calling. I also found (0.05$ connecting fee) unlimited calling SMS (international number) callback (Int'l sms fee 0,14$). If I could find a Canadian or American number for sms callback with unlimited calling that would be great.
I also found a mobile callback software that only uses only 4k
Do share some links of these sites/services....

Take a look at this MobileMiser—CallBack for your cellphones
There is a free trial here Try MobileMiser Free!

Last edited by emoci; 11-06-2007 at 05:30 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emoci For This Useful Post:
hddlab (03-14-2008)
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
chatalot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
I also found a mobile callback software that only uses only 4k
I also feel that the web-callback uses more bandwidth than it needs to - maybe when craig separates the pages a bit it will be better for you - What was the name of the app you found that uses only 4K data and does it work with voxalot to initiate a callback. See my other post where I suggested a java app or http request - http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...-callback.html
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
amac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
amac is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
I also feel that the web-callback uses more bandwidth than it needs to - maybe when craig separates the pages a bit it will be better for you - What was the name of the app you found that uses only 4K data and does it work with voxalot to initiate a callback. See my other post where I suggested a java app or http request - http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...-callback.html
Well I used the one offered with one of my SIP http://gsm.voipbuster.com it is an Symbian mobile software that has all the settings inside the phone so your are not downloading the information every time.

I found a software that can create a callback with any SIP.

Arcosoft Inc. VONaLink - DialBridge for Windows

I configured it with my Voxalot account. So from my mobile I call one of my DID hang up (2 seconds after dialling) and the software calls me back (It takes up to 5 seconds) using one of my Dial plans. Then I get a voice prompt asking me to dial. The DTMF are sent back on Voxalot and I get the Callback service I wanted. So I only use my incoming minutes off my mobile service. The only things is that my PC needs to be open at all time.
The cost on time fee 29$ USD. You get a free 15 days trial.

Last edited by amac; 11-17-2007 at 11:22 PM.
amac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amac For This Useful Post:
emoci (11-10-2007), hddlab (03-14-2008)
Unread 12-09-2007, 12:41 AM   #10
calltelecom2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
calltelecom2007 is on a distinguished road
Default info

Hello
tell me if i can do callback from mobile with did without the arcsoft ?with direct with voxalot and tell me how ?
Thank
calltelecom2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mobile Callback Feature Request patos Voxalot Support 16 04-17-2007 10:33 AM
Feature Request (Web Callback 2.0) sunray73 Voxalot Support 29 01-20-2007 01:59 AM
web callback feature request apoff Voxalot Support 1 12-27-2006 12:40 AM
web callback - another feature request stangri Voxalot Support 3 12-18-2006 07:59 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.