Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-29-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
viteaz

viteaz is on a distinguished road
Default Grandstream502

I have an ATA Grandstream502 and I want to set with call in DID from ipcommunication. Any instructions how to do it. I have an account with Betamax for otbound calls and is working great.I have the DID number.
I am new to this VOIP system.
I will apreciate any help.
John
viteaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by viteaz View Post
I have an ATA Grandstream502 and I want to set with call in DID from ipcommunication. Any instructions how to do it. I have an account with Betamax for otbound calls and is working great.I have the DID number.
I am new to this VOIP system.
I will apreciate any help.
John
It depends on whether ipcommunications will allow forwarding calls to your SIP server/device or if they can only route calls to a PSTN number.

If they provide SIP forwarding the next order of business is to establish how is your ATA connected. Are you directly registered to Betamax or Voxalot? Which ever it is simply inform ipcommunications your UserID and SIP server (ex. us.voxalot.com for Voxalot or sip.justvoip.com for Betamax)
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
viteaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
It depends on whether ipcommunications will allow forwarding calls to your SIP server/device or if they can only route calls to a PSTN number.

If they provide SIP forwarding the next order of business is to establish how is your ATA connected. Are you directly registered to Betamax or Voxalot? Which ever it is simply inform ipcommunications your UserID and SIP server (ex. us.voxalot.com for Voxalot or sip.justvoip.com for Betamax)
Thanks sleek.I am directly conected to one of Betamax services(12voip) and I have a free DID from IPcommunication with 2 channels.I will like to keep Betamax for inbound calls and use the DID to receive calls.I have a basic voxlot account(6digits number) I dont know how to set my system or if is posible.
I will appreciate any answer or a pointing to the rite site if any..
John
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks sleek.I am directly conected to one of Betamax services(12voip) and I have a free DID from IPcommunication with 2 channels.I will like to keep Betamax for inbound calls and use the DID to receive calls.I have a basic voxlot account(6digits number) I dont know how to set my system or if is posible.
I will appreciate any answer or a pointing to the rite site if any..
John
This contradicts, or at least confuses me a little bit. You say you're directly connected to 12voip, but also mention you have Voxalot account. You have to figure out which way you'll want to use your service, because there are two different scenarios.

1. If your ATA/client is configured to register directly with 12voip, you won't need Voxalot for the sole purpose of accepting inbound calls via your DID. In this case you'll have to login to your ipcommunications account and provide your SIP info in order for your number to work. The information ipcommunications will require is either: sip.12voip.com and your 12voip-username or your 12voip-username@sip.12voip.com, login and have a look.
2. Trough Voxalot. It's pretty much the same, only in your ipcommunications account you'll have to provide Voxalot's SIP info, your 6 digit number and us.voxalot.com. However, this option will also require you to craft a dial plan in order for you to make outbound calls trough 12voip.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

What sleek has posted above is correct.

However if by IPCommunications you mean these guys Business VoIP Service | VoIP Phone Service IP Communications you'll find that the above is only possible if you've purchased the DID from them.

If it is one of their FREE DIDs they can only be forwarded to an IP address (which means you'd need to be running an Asterisk system). This is their way of keeping non-business customers out of their Free Try Before You buy program...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:23 AM   #6
viteaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
What sleek has posted above is correct.

However if by IPCommunications you mean these guys Business VoIP Service | VoIP Phone Service IP Communications you'll find that the above is only possible if you've purchased the DID from them.

If it is one of their FREE DIDs they can only be forwarded to an IP address (which means you'd need to be running an Asterisk system). This is their way of keeping non-business customers out of their Free Try Before You buy program...
Thanks emoci. Yes, is free DID from IPcommunication and forward only to an IP address. Than, I am out of luck...Plus, I dont how to make a dial plan.
Right now my question is how to receive calls from regular phones to my ATA502 keeping 12voip for outbound calls.
Thanks everybody for help. I am new to this SIP settings, but I know some computers and use Skype for years...
Best regards,
John
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:47 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks emoci. Yes, is free DID from IPcommunication and forward only to an IP address. Than, I am out of luck...Plus, I dont how to make a dial plan.
Right now my question is how to receive calls from regular phones to my ATA502 keeping 12voip for outbound calls.
Thanks everybody for help. I am new to this SIP settings, but I know some computers and use Skype for years...
Best regards,
John
The problem is that for you to receive calls to an ATA (one registered with VoXalot for example) you need to have the did point to:

user@IP

but all IPComm supports is forwarding at IP, not user@IP ... hence the problem. Their free DIDs are meant to be used with an Asterisk server, where incoming calls to the server's IP can be routed based on incoming DID. They are smart in doing this because it is likely that in most cases only bona fide business will have such a setup...

The short answer: Unless someone else has an idea, my understanding is that as long as the DID can only be forwarded to an IP you will not be able to get those calls to ring your ATA properly
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
viteaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
The problem is that for you to receive calls to an ATA (one registered with VoXalot for example) you need to have the did point to:

user@IP

but all IPComm supports is forwarding at IP, not user@IP ... hence the problem. Their free DIDs are meant to be used with an Asterisk server, where incoming calls to the server's IP can be routed based on incoming DID. They are smart in doing this because it is likely that in most cases only bona fide business will have such a setup...

The short answer: Unless someone else has an idea, my understanding is that as long as the DID can only be forwarded to an IP you will not be able to get those calls to ring your ATA properly
Thanks emoci.Looks like I have to open an account with somebody wich offer both outband and inbound calls and a DID.
Best regards to everybody.
John
Unread 03-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Thanks emoci.Looks like I have to open an account with somebody wich offer both outband and inbound calls and a DID.
Best regards to everybody.
John
Hmm,

What/Where should the DID you're looking for be based?

I could probably make some suggestions...
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:49 AM   #10
viteaz

Thanks Emoci,

The DID needs to be on the state, maybe an 8xx if is cheap and using Betamax for outband because I call a lot in Europe.
Regards,
John