Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

I'm not with Voxalot and don't actually use it on a daily basis. I find SIP and network issues to be like puzzles, they can be interesting to solve.

Regarding the issue with your Snom, Voxalot calls seem to be incoming normally for the rest of us. The SIP error messages indicated your phone settings may be incorrect, which wouldn't necessarily prevent it from working elsewhere.

It seems Voxalot support personnel are a bit scarce. I have seen a number of people come with urgent issues, but no help was offered by actual tech support people. For example, while trying to help this person HERE, I identified a problem with Voxalot's (claimed) ability to operate on non-standard ports. When no one from Voxalot tech dept responded, I even made a separate thread, HERE, and yet the problem remains.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
jess_austin

jess_austin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Regarding the issue with your Snom, Voxalot calls seem to be incoming normally for the rest of us. The SIP error messages indicated your phone settings may be incorrect, which wouldn't necessarily prevent it from working elsewhere.
I see the same behavior with the twinkle softphone on my desktop (able to call out, not able to get called), when connected to voxalot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
It seems Voxalot support personnel are a bit scarce. I have seen a number of people come with urgent issues, but no help was offered by actual tech support people. For example, while trying to help this person HERE, I identified a problem with Voxalot's (claimed) ability to operate on non-standard ports. When no one from Voxalot tech dept responded, I even made a separate thread, HERE, and yet the problem remains.
Hmmm, that certainly resets my expectations. Accepting payment for service without providing support is very shady.
jess_austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #13
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Pinpointing the problem is not important if you are leaving Voxalot, but I am sure it's something on your end, as Voxalot treats us all the same. Their code and programs do not single out certain accounts to receive buggered service, while leaving the majority of accounts in working order.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #14
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok,

Assuming the ATA has been set up properly...here's a few things to check up on

Receiving Calls:
1.Try calling a SIPBroker number localto you, from regular landline or mobile (SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers). When prompted enter *010123456 , (replace 123456 with your VoXalot number). Do you receive this call properly?

2. Go to SIPBroker - EziDial. Enter your voxalot URI 123456@voxalot.com. You should receive a call that connects you to the Echo Test. Does this occur correctly?

3. Things to try to fix issues:
-If your router has UPnP I would suggest activating it
-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.com has been working for me)
-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500 (this maybe slightly different for your ATA, there should be an RTP port range setting on your ATA, if it is different, note the range and open that range instead in your router...)
For some background on this see: http://forum.voxalot.com/12685-post20.html

-Make sure there are no Internet Connection problems. Run a SpeedTest, or maybe VoIP test at TestYourVoIP.com

Making Calls
1. Can you successfully call *600 (or just 600)?
2. Can you reach the VoiceMail server at *500 (or just 500)?

While you are runnng these tests please make sure of the following:
-Voicemail is turned off
-There are no active Call Forwarding rules that maybe interfering
-Your VoXalot account is not registered on any other place except your SNOM device (if you wanna be sure, simply change your account password and update it only on the SNOM)
-Make sure the server your are using xx.voxalot.com (where xx is either us, eu or au, matches the choice under Member Details when logged into your VoXalot account)
-If you have adjusted the NAT Symmetric Handling setting (also under Member Details, please try the default Yes value)
-Please avoid calling in to test by using another VoIP line, use a landline or mobile (at least till we can get an idea what's happening)

Keep us updated how things go.....

Hope something there helps....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote