Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
menace

menace is on a distinguished road
Default Providers still show as 'not registered'

Each of my providers (freecall & sipme) still show as 'not registered' under the provider list. Why is is and does it matter. It would appear I can make calls through one but when I use a dialling plan that uses the other (sipme) it doesnt work.

pls help!
menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Hi A.T ???

It currently takes up to 24 hours to register for recieving calls. This is a workaround for the many thousands of registrations occurring with voxalot. A fix for this situation is being worked on, so hopefully the 24 hour 'issue' will be gone soon.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
schufti

schufti is on a distinguished road

Hi!

Is this true? The text below 'SIP register' says 'Allow up to 30mins to take effect' for the last week or so. I hope that you are wrong and there was some improvement over the last months.....

schufti
schufti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
menace

he he.. well picked 'A.M.'!!

ok... maybe till that issue is fixed it might be worth changing the '30 minutes' statement.

The funny thing was that it worked last night! Only with one provider tho... and I'm not sure the calling rules were working.

the voip light on my modem was lit yesterday... but now it saya 'VoIP Registration: FAILED:404 Not found'
Unread 09-08-2006, 06:02 AM   #5
menace

So the two providers are still showing as 'not registered'... and its been about 24 hours since I set them up.

Any suggestions?
Unread 09-08-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I would say the best thing to do now is to PM your voxalot account number to Martin and he will be able to check it out for you.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

By all means PM me your number to check. One thing to check before you do so though is whether or not you have set "SIP Register" to "Yes"

It is only the "SIP Register" feature that currently requires 24 hours and this is only going to be the case until we get the new features into production, all other updates in VoXaLot are real time.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
schufti

@menace: The statement has been '24 hours' for some time in august, so laying faith into the recent change to 30min was no more than wishfull thinking....
Unread 09-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #9
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schufti
@menace: The statement has been '24 hours' for some time in august, so laying faith into the recent change to 30min was no more than wishfull thinking....
We are currently working on setting up new servers for VoXaLot and SIP Broker as we speak. We are also working on the enhancements in parallel.

I'm sure you understand that we do not want to make radical changes without thorough testing.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #10
schufti

@martin: sorry, that was no critic. rest asured that I and most others have full respect for your work and are most eagerly waiting for this highly important feature to be fixed in a proper way, so it is worth the wait.

rgds,
schufti