Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
moollar

moollar is on a distinguished road
Question New AUS VoXaLot server

I have been using the new Aussie VoXaLot server and have not had any problems.

Just one question though. I currently have a phone number registered at e164.org for ENUM and currently have it pointing at my SIP URI xxxxxx@voxalot.com. Do I need to change this to xxxxxx@voxalot.com.au or will ENUM work using either of these?
moollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

For now I would leave it pointing to voxalot.com

The reason we have not officially announced the new server is because we need to finalise our seamless registration.

Right now inbound calls into VoXaLot will only work via voxalot.com (even if you register with voxalot.com.au)

Note: Outbounds work ok on both servers.

So I would stick with your ENUM entry pointing to voxalot.com and your ATA pointing to voxalot.com.au until this final piece is in place.

Hope this makes sense.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #3
moollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
So I would stick with your ENUM entry pointing to voxalot.com and your ATA pointing to voxalot.com.au until this final piece is in place.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks Martin. Yes it does make sense.
Could you let me know when I can change it to voxalot.com.au?

Quote:
The reason we have not officially announced the new server is because we need to finalise our seamless registration.
I'm guessing that the seamless registration you are talking about is the ability to have VoXaLot register with multiple VSPs. Is this correct? If so, I would definitely like to know when this happens also.
Unread 05-25-2006, 02:02 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by moollar
Could you let me know when I can change it to voxalot.com.au?
No problem. When you see the announcment for the oz server you should be right to change your ENUM entry.

Quote:
I'm guessing that the seamless registration you are talking about is the ability to have VoXaLot register with multiple VSPs. Is this correct? If so, I would definitely like to know when this happens also.
That is still in development. The seamless registration I am refering to is the ability for you to register your ATA with either voxalot.com or voxalot.com.au and have inbounds reach you in either case.

ATM, inbounds will only reach you if they are addressed to voxalot.com

kinda hard to explain, but for now if you following the following guidelines you should be ok:

1. Register ATA with either voxalot.com or voxalot.com.au
2. ENUM entries and DIDs should point to voxalot.com

If you register with voxalot.com.au the only thing you wont be able to do right now, is call other voxalot users. Once this last piece has been resolved we will announce the new server.

Then we will complete the multiple VSP work and release that too.

Unread 05-25-2006, 02:11 AM   #5
moollar

Quote:
If you register with voxalot.com.au the only thing you wont be able to do right now, is call other voxalot users. Once this last piece has been resolved we will announce the new server.
Can I call other VoXaLot users who are registered at voxalot.com.au or will I just not be able to call ANY VoXaLot users at all whilst I'm registered at voxalot.com.au until seamless registration is completed?

Quote:
Then we will complete the multiple VSP work and release that too.
Can't wait!
Unread 05-25-2006, 02:57 AM   #6
martin

Quote:
Can I call other VoXaLot users who are registered at voxalot.com.au or will I just not be able to call ANY VoXaLot users at all whilst I'm registered at voxalot.com.au until seamless registration is completed?
Although we have not confirmed this, conceptually it should be none at all. While registered with voxalot.com.au the only VoXaLot numbers you can currently reach are 500 and 600. All other outbound dialling and voicemail while registered with voxalot.com.au should be working fine though.

Unread 05-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
moollar

Hi Martin,

I noticed that you have posted a thread on VoXaLot changes/fixes. You mentioned that you should now be able to reach voxalot users registered on the OZ and US servers. Does this mean I can now change my ENUM entry and DID to point to voxalot.com.au?
Unread 06-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #8
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Using Sipbroker to call a voxalot.com.au number....

*010 500 [works for voicemail]

voxalot.com.au registered number

*7607 853804 [my number]

*010 853804 doesn't work.....

*7607 is a new voxalot.com.au sip code
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote