Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
dinky

dinky is on a distinguished road
Default Getting fed up with this service... no support

I need someone from your support team to answer my post, as so far I've gotten very little in the way of a reply. As your technical support is pointed to these forums, I'd expect as a premium account holder I'd get some response. Can you please reply back to me, or let me know that this is not possible, so I can cancel my subscription, and look elsewhere for a usable service?

Currently Voxalot is not usable for me because of two issues:

1. I get a continual beeping on all outgoing calls. In my original post I was told this may be a voicemail issue, then have heard nothing back since. I have tried enabling voicemail (was disabled to begin with), disabling voicemail, re-enabling it again, nothing seems to work. I do not have a problem with this beeping when not using voxalot.

2. I can't recieve incoming calls, no matter what I do. Initially this was a problem with my router, and was fixed temporarily by turning the router off, then back on again. Now I can no longer receive incoming calls no matter what I do, and have tried a variety of different connections. THis is also not a problem when not using voxalots services.

I'm using sipdroid as my softphone program with an HTC Magic, running the android operating system using Cyanogen's Mod. Could someone please get back to me about this? Otherwise I will be forced to close my account and ask for a refund. Thanks.

~Mitchell
dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The issue here is that you maybe the first...or among the first... to try VoXalot out on the Android platform....

-If this was the MWI (message waiting indicator) there should be an interrupted tone just before you dial...but not during the conversation (even than this may not be applicable to a SoftPhone)

To VoXalot's benefit at least it is working fine on another SoftPhone (you note Twinkle). To add to the mystery though you report using Engin directly on the HTC phone via SipDroid doesn't show the same issue (am I correct?).

What I am trying to get to is that this could be an issue specific between VoXalot<>SipDroid ...

-One thing to test (if possible) would be to try using HTC (with SipDroid)>>VoXalot>>Another provider (not Engin)...does the problem still persist?

-Does SipDroid give you any options in terms of codecs?
-Are you attempting calls over Wifi or over 3G?

I realize this may not help much...but it is a relatively new mode of usage ...

In regards to 2, is this the case only when using the HTC ...or using another SoftPhone as well?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
dinky

dinky is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks so mch for the reply. So far, voxalot seems to work fine without sipdroid on my laptop. So this problem is specific to either sipdroid, android, or both... happy to test various options, and to try an fogure this out. Note hat sipdroid works perfectly with pbxes.org, who are behind development. Can you recommend a free voip service I can try for ougoing calls to test this? Thanks heaps.
dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Callcentric Callcentric - VoIP Internet phone service is another free SIP proxy you can create an account for that works with SIP Broker.

Also the following let you create free SIP accounts:
VBuzzer
Stanaphone
Link2VoIP
FonoSIP
CallWithUs
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

That's useful information.

At free SIP serive, voice mail is a nice feature. Any other vendor beside voxalot above also offers free VM?

Thanks,

Last edited by beaver; 02-28-2010 at 08:58 PM.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
That's useful information.

At free SIP serive, voice mail is a nice feature. Any other vendor beside voxalot above also offers free VM?

Thanks,
Callcentric
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote