Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Hellmaker

Hellmaker is on a distinguished road
Default 2 clients connected to Voxalot?

Hi out there,

im using Voxalot for a long time! I´m realy satisfied.

I have a Linksys PAP2 which is connected to eu.voxalot.com!
Now i have a fring client on my new Nokia N96. I also want to connect my phone to the Voxalot proxy.
The idea is that 2 phones (handy and pap2) are ringing when a call is incomming! But i have problems! When i connect my handy to the proxy, the PAP2 is losing connection to the proxy! Sometime both phones are connected and ringing but after some time the Linksys get offline.
I dont understand whats going on and where the problem is?!
Can someone help me?

Is it possible to connect 2 sip clients to 1 proxy?

What im doing wrong?

greets...... olli
Hellmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
Hellmaker

is here no one out who can answer me that simple question?
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmaker View Post
is here no one out who can answer me that simple question?
Voxalot does support multiple UAC's registering against the same account i.e. multiple connections.

Based on your description, I do not see any problems with what you are attempting.

Have you tried connecting an X-Lite client (something other than Fring) as well as the PAP2 using the same account credentials and validating that multiple connections work?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Hellmaker

so finaly i tried out Uniphone (another sip client) and it works for me! Unfortunatly i dont like Uniphones handling so i prefer Fring! Uniphone also do not auto reconnect to WLAN after abort of connection. Thats essential for me!

Anyway i think the problem is located at frings software.

I also dont understand how it works with 2 phones!
Maybe you can explain it shortly for me!

When i have 2 clients with different ips connected to a proxy every client get its own port??

What happend when a phone call is incomming? The ring will be routed to both ips? Who can pick up the call? the first one?

Last time i logged into from China (mobile phone -> Uniphone Software) and my local phone was logged in from Germany. Now i tried to call my SIP Number and there was connection possible! No Ringtone on Uniphone and now Ringtone at local phone...... it goes direct to the Messagebox...........

i realy dont understand whats going wrong with it.
If you could help me to get it working you would make me to a happy ppl. thx

so long.............
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmaker View Post
so finaly i tried out Uniphone (another sip client) and it works for me! Unfortunatly i dont like Uniphones handling so i prefer Fring! Uniphone also do not auto reconnect to WLAN after abort of connection. Thats essential for me!

Anyway i think the problem is located at frings software.

I also dont understand how it works with 2 phones!
Maybe you can explain it shortly for me!

When i have 2 clients with different ips connected to a proxy every client get its own port??

What happend when a phone call is incomming? The ring will be routed to both ips? Who can pick up the call? the first one?

Last time i logged into from China (mobile phone -> Uniphone Software) and my local phone was logged in from Germany. Now i tried to call my SIP Number and there was connection possible! No Ringtone on Uniphone and now Ringtone at local phone...... it goes direct to the Messagebox...........

i realy dont understand whats going wrong with it.
If you could help me to get it working you would make me to a happy ppl. thx

so long.............

I suspect (cannot guarantee this 100%) that multiple registrations are possible because some layer of OpenSer is available...

If two clients are registered and a call comes in, both clients will ring, but the first one to pick up takes the call...the second one cannot join that call anymore...

If Client 1 and Client 2 are registered to the same acct. and they try to call the acct. number in an attempt to call each other, odd things will happen...since it wasn't meant to work this way...

From reports of previous users it seems that in a good chunk of cases Mobile/Wifi Phones with Voip Support and another client registered at the same time cannot co-exist nicely (I cannot explain why...but I recall seeing this in multiple cases)

A bit of advice: If you really need multiple clients running, but want to use your current VoXalot acct. because everything is setup here....grab an account at SipSorcery.com...add your current VoX acct. as a provider and register it... while setting a separate extension for each device (SipSorcery allows this...) it'll make your life that much easier when trying to work this out...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

How long before SipSorcery is no longer free? Is it better than voxalot?
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
How long before SipSorcery is no longer free? Is it better than voxalot?
MySipSwitch/SipSorcery has a slightly different approach. I would say that a SipSorcery acct. can complement your VoXalot acct. ... There are things that VoXalot does better, and there are things that SipSorcery does better...

In terms of whether it will continue to be free... it is a side project of two BlueFace techs... the code is released as open source ... so with know-how you could implement your own instance of SipSorcery
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote