Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 04-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #11
Kim-Bjoern

Kim-Bjoern is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kim-Bjoern Send a message via Yahoo to Kim-Bjoern Send a message via Skype™ to Kim-Bjoern
Default Tried many access numbers but failed

Hi forum.

This is my first post here.

I have family in Bourgas Bulgaria and have tried different access numbers there - both the ones in Bourgas plus in Varna

My Virtual VoxAlot number is 871001

When I dial the numbers in Bulgaria I get "Welcome" plus some music

I have then tried to dial the following exactly as shown

*010 871001
*031 871001
*061 871001

After few second: "duut duut duut"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Kim
Kim-Bjoern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 03:26 AM   #12
nilamber

nilamber is on a distinguished road
Default receiving calls

Martin,
I have the xlite softphone configured to my voxalot account and pennytel registered as a provider with voxalot. I can make calls out without any problem but if someone uses the sip broker access number with *010 and my voxalot account number, I never receive calls with xlite and the call is either forwarded to voicemail or my call forwarding number. Any thoughts?
Nilamber
nilamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #13
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Both of your problems are probably due to the same thing - firewall.

In order for inbound calls to work, the Voxalot registrar must be able to send inbound messages to your device.

Take a look at your firewall logs and see if you can see anything.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
Kim-Bjoern

Send a message via MSN to Kim-Bjoern Send a message via Yahoo to Kim-Bjoern Send a message via Skype™ to Kim-Bjoern

Does nobody have an answer to my above question? Am I doing anything wrong? I am calling the acess numbers from my cellphone and I have tried now 6 access numbers. I therefore conclude that the system must be out of order?

Kim
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #15

244751 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim-Bjoern View Post
Does nobody have an answer to my above question? Am I doing anything wrong? I am calling the acess numbers from my cellphone and I have tried now 6 access numbers. I therefore conclude that the system must be out of order?

Kim
I believe Martin's response above was also referring to you. CHECK YOUR FIREWALL LOG!!!!
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #16
nilamber

nilamber is on a distinguished road
Default receiving calls and call forwarding

Martin,
In my case you were correct about the firewall blocking receiving calls.
Thanks for that.

I have another question regarding call forwarding. There doesn't appear to be any option on the call forwarding setup page to 'call forward when unanswered'
- this means that when I'm online incoming calls are always forwarded unless I go to the voxalot web site and disable each call forwarding entry (and then re-activate before going offline). Have I missed something?

Nilamber
nilamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #17
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilamber View Post
Have I missed something?

Nilamber
Hi,

No this is the way is currently works.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #18
Kim-Bjoern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
I believe Martin's response above was also referring to you. CHECK YOUR FIREWALL LOG!!!!
Hi,

Well - I'm not sure what a firewall would have to do with it. Because I'm not using a softphone myself. It's an ATA (Sipura 2102) and it's the first unit after my router ZyXEL 660R D1 in order to make QoS work. The only firewall I have is within the PC (Windows own firewall) and its log only mentions accesses granted to different programs. I can make calls with the PC shut down

I have two VoXalot accounts - one for me and one for my wife (on the same IP) One of the accounts is registered with the above mentioned ATA - the other one with a Grandstream GXP 2000 SIP phone. The problem regarding incoming calls via access numbers is the same with both accounts. Both accounts setups are alike but one of them cannot access the mailbox (*500) the other one works fine. People may leave a message if phone unanswered and I do get a pulse sound to tell I got messages but cannot retreive them. I use two-tone POTS phone with the Sipura to dial *500 but get a busy tone already after *5

On both accounts I cannot dial through the access numbers. Maybe some parameters in the SIP setups are incorrect but I'm sure it isn't because of firewalls.

Kim
Unread 04-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I use two-tone POTS phone with the Sipura to dial *500 but get a busy tone already after *5

On both accounts I cannot dial through the access numbers. Maybe some parameters in the SIP setups are incorrect but I'm sure it isn't because of firewalls.

Kim
Can you access the mail box by dialling "500#" ?
I had a similar problem dialling from a Grandstream ATA, but had no problem dialling from a GXP-2000.

I am not that familiar with the Sipura ATA, but it could be that *5.. is an active feature dialling code used by this ATA, and so the full *500 does not get sent out. Voxalot does not react to 0 or 00.

This was the case with the GS HT-496, and after seeing a thread here, I disabled the features in the ATA setup (it allows that), and the problem was corrected. I can now dial *500 to access my mailbox going through the ATA.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Hi forum.

This is my first post here.

I have family in Bourgas Bulgaria and have tried different access numbers there - both the ones in Bourgas plus in Varna

When I dial the numbers in Bulgaria I get "Welcome" plus some music

I have then tried to dial the following exactly as shown

*010 871001
*031 871001
*061 871001

After few second: "duut duut duut"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Kim
Out of curiosity, I also dialled the Burgas Access Number +35956919080, and I do get a "Welcome" message and music. While the music is running, I dialled my Voxalot account *010-xxxxxx, and I got through to my voicemail with no problem.

Perhaps it was not working correctly when you tried, or it timed out ??

Last edited by kurun; 04-26-2007 at 11:34 PM.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:30 AM   #20
KroontjesPen

KroontjesPen is on a distinguished road
Question *10 vs *31

There is a difference in using *10 or *31 when dialing the Netherlands SIP Broker PSTN access number in Utrecht +31-30-711-0327, sponsor iXcall.

*10 gives a voice message, off very poor quality, telling that there is something wrong with the number (?).
*31 gives the tone to wait for the connection (call tone ?), however I received no ring tone on my ATA or X-Lite softphone with VoxBasic.
KroontjesPen is offline   Reply With Quote