Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
Sangi

Sangi is on a distinguished road
Default PAP2T and Voxalot

Hi everyone,

I have registered with voxalot to use SipDiscount for outgoing and TPad for forwarding inbound calls to my voxalot number. I tried voxalot using Xlite and it worked for outgoing calls but didn't for inbound. When I checked the status for TPad registration with voxalot, it says "Request sent" despite hours. Is there any problem with TPad registration on voxalot?

Secondly, I tried to use voxalot on PAP2T, but couldn't get it working. It wouldn't register. I have tried all the servers, but status would show offline. If I use it directly with SipDiscount on line1 and Tpad on line 2, it works perfectly.

Can any body suggest what the problems could be?

Cheers.

Sangi
Sangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangi View Post
Hi everyone,

I have registered with voxalot to use SipDiscount for outgoing and TPad for forwarding inbound calls to my voxalot number. I tried voxalot using Xlite and it worked for outgoing calls but didn't for inbound. When I checked the status for TPad registration with voxalot, it says "Request sent" despite hours. Is there any problem with TPad registration on voxalot?

Secondly, I tried to use voxalot on PAP2T, but couldn't get it working. It wouldn't register. I have tried all the servers, but status would show offline. If I use it directly with SipDiscount on line1 and Tpad on line 2, it works perfectly.

Can any body suggest what the problems could be?

Cheers.

Sangi
I can tell you that i know, Tpad blocks MySipSwitch, so it can just as well block Voxalot too, In other post you can read Voxalot has some issues with some betamax providers, at the moment, so i guess you should wait for "all clear" reports from other users, or announcements of the Voxalot staff .
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Sangi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFug View Post
I can tell you that i know, Tpad blocks MySipSwitch, so it can just as well block Voxalot too, In other post you can read Voxalot has some issues with some betamax providers, at the moment, so i guess you should wait for "all clear" reports from other users, or announcements of the Voxalot staff .

Thanks for your reply. But, still dont understand why voxalot would not register on PAP2T when it is working on Xlite with same settings?

Cheers,

Sangi
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Well, it could be settings in the PAP2. Many of us are using the PAP2 without problems. If you want to post the PAP2 html settings page here I'll take look.

Linksys style VoIP adapters will send ALL of the VoIP "tabs" to your web browser as a single HTML web page, which can be saved as an html file, then attached to a post in this forum thread. As long as you are viewing ANY of the VoIP tabs (as an admin login and "advanced" user), the html file you make when you do the "save as" will contain all of your VoIP settings. Anyone who downloads that file (from the forum thread) will have it display (in their web browser) almost exactly the same as it displayed in your web browser, and even have the tabs to go between the screens. Just as if we were at the adapter, all passworded fields would be ***** out, so there isn't any security risk of doing this.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Sangi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Well, it could be settings in the PAP2. Many of us are using the PAP2 without problems. If you want to post the PAP2 html settings page here I'll take look.

Linksys style VoIP adapters will send ALL of the VoIP "tabs" to your web browser as a single HTML web page, which can be saved as an html file, then attached to a post in this forum thread. As long as you are viewing ANY of the VoIP tabs (as an admin login and "advanced" user), the html file you make when you do the "save as" will contain all of your VoIP settings. Anyone who downloads that file (from the forum thread) will have it display (in their web browser) almost exactly the same as it displayed in your web browser, and even have the tabs to go between the screens. Just as if we were at the adapter, all passworded fields would be ***** out, so there isn't any security risk of doing this.
Hi,

I have managed to register voxalot on PAP2T. It had something to do with NAT settings in my voxalot account. I had set "symmetric nat handling" to no. When I changed it to yes in voxalot, it registered immediately on PAP2T. I can now make outgoing calls using sipdiscount. I also tried to receive inbound calls on my voxalot number using sipbroker access number from Edinburgh, UK and it worked perfectly.

But, I have not been able to register my Tpad number in voxalot. I have also contacted support at Tpad and waiting to hear from them. Meanwhile, any clue on that?

Thanks for your help.

Sangi