Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #11
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
Thanks Sleek . In fact this is the one and my question is, if I do this, does 2 or 3 people from my organisation can call outside at the same time ?

I understood about the BPX. But we dont need line in. And your answer 2 is not realist for time, to maintain 4 dialplans, too much in fact.

Thanks again.
In regards to Option 1, registering multiple devices with the same VoXalot acct.: My understanding is that officially you can have two people make calls at the same time. From personal experience 3/4 simultaneous calls appear to work fine as well but may want to test this in your environment.

There is one catch, even though VoXalot supports multiple simultaneous calls, it still remains that the actual provider that's completing the outgoing call also has to support this ...

Since you're not currently interested in incoming calls a Free VoXBasic acct. will be a good start...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
My issue is that I cannot dial between the phones reliably. Sometimes I can call *010XXXXXX and the other registered phones ring. Other times it goes straight to voicemail. If I call my DID it always works but I want to do it direct over the Internet.

What is the official way to call another registration on the same account.
There is no specific way for the same VoXalot account to call other instances of itself. In fact it was not meant to be called this way.

That said from personal experience:
1. Set VoXalot up in PBXes for "outbound calls only"
2. Use the 5 extenisons to make calls through VoXalot

Unfortunately the FUP issues with BetaMax will persist if a call has originated from PBXes.

I have had no issues with incoming calls to VoXalot delivered to PBXes and handled by extensions as long as the registration and the inbound routing is set up properly ...

PS. One other option is MySipSwitch (they currently have a way to create alias accounts which is similar to multiple extensions). VoXalot-MySipSwitch interaction is much less problematic (but FUP for betamax will continue to be a problem there as well)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
Thanks Sleek . In fact this is the one and my question is, if I do this, does 2 or 3 people from my organisation can call outside at the same time ?

I understood about the BPX. But we dont need line in. And your answer 2 is not realist for time, to maintain 4 dialplans, too much in fact.

Thanks again.
Having one, two or five accounts is essentially the same, because as I've already mentioned, any voxalot account can be cloned, so regardless of the accounts you plan on using the result will be the same.

The responsibility to carry out simultaneous outbound calls however as emoci explained, comes to your VSP which will be carrying out the PSTN calls.

You should check with them whether they support:
1. Simultaneous calls from their server.
2. Calling without registration. Most of the providers allow you to authenticate and call, others require that you are registered, in which case the free version of voxalot account won't do the job.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
sebastien

sebastien is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all of you, I think I have enough infos to start it ! thanks again
sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
sebastien

sebastien is on a distinguished road

Finally I have my answer to my question: no, with one registration 2 people cannot call at the same time, it sounds buzzy, so 1 registration for each phone, and 1 dialplan for each ... I do not understand why Voxalot cannot add this kind of services in their premium offer, I would like to pay for not having to manage 4 accounts, I know, they are very nice to give it for free ... but ...
sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote