Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot + PBXes

I've seen many cool features that can only be achieved by connecting Voxalot and PBXes.

Major drawback of these solutions is that free PBXes account is unmanaged - if it stops working, or gets locked, you have no way to have support help you. Their Premium account fee is ridiculously high for a private user.

I'm just wondering - why doesn't PBXes add private paid account? They got tons of non-business users on free accounts, and I think many would agree to pay reasonable money to have reliable fully functional supported account. Private users don't generate traffic any close to businesses, so I shouldn't cost that much.

I wanted to ask Pascal, but didn't find a way to contact him
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
I've seen many cool features that can only be achieved by connecting Voxalot and PBXes.

Major drawback of these solutions is that free PBXes account is unmanaged - if it stops working, or gets locked, you have no way to have support help you. Their Premium account fee is ridiculously high for a private user.

I'm just wondering - why doesn't PBXes add private paid account? They got tons of non-business users on free accounts, and I think many would agree to pay reasonable money to have reliable fully functional supported account. Private users don't generate traffic any close to businesses, so I shouldn't cost that much.

I wanted to ask Pascal, but didn't find a way to contact him
Probably your best bet to get in touch with him PBXspace
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
325xi

Default Soho

They just introduced SOHO accounts - most of Premium features, support, etc - for 2.95 Euro/mo. I'm going to subscribe and see how it goes.
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I don't know if you got in touch with him.....

But for what it's worth for $2.95 Euro a month for access to a forum isn't a great victory (it's the only feature of some importance that you get with that acct.)....while the free accts get bumped even further down to 1500 min/ 5 extensions

See https://www4.pbxes.com/iptel_details_e.html

Unread 04-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #5
325xi

For me the most important thing there was to know that my account is legitimate enough not to be locked any time they want. All those horror stories on accidentally (or not) locked accounts with no way to restore... It's still expensive, but at least I can use with no fear of being cut off...
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
emoci

Quote:
For me the most important thing there was to know that my account is legitimate enough not to be locked any time they want. All those horror stories on accidentally (or not) locked accounts with no way to restore... It's still expensive, but at least I can use with no fear of being cut off...
Fair enough I guess....hope all goes well
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #7
tosaid

tosaid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I don't know if you got in touch with him.....

But for what it's worth for $2.95 Euro a month for access to a forum isn't a great victory (it's the only feature of some importance that you get with that acct.)....while the free accts get bumped even further down to 1500 min/ 5 extensions

See https://www4.pbxes.com/iptel_details_e.html

1500min/month it's something like 50 min/day talking. 325xi if it s enough for you so good luck with that. Free accounts used to offer 5000min/month it 's about 166min/day.

What an exiting offer for 2.95euros/month I would never pay that for 1500 min/month.

Last edited by tosaid; 04-03-2008 at 03:19 AM.
tosaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosaid View Post
1500min/month it's something like 50 min/day talking. 325xi if it s enough for you so good luck with that. Free accounts used to offer 5000min/month it 's about 166min/day.

What an exiting offer for 2.95euros/month I would never pay that for 1500 min/month.
I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min. My excitement was all about ability to have reliable account with them while not paying ridiculous $15/mo. Free account, with all the problems was no good for anything but occasional experimenting or callthrough use. Have you read all those reports on locked free accounts?
I wouldn't dare to recommend free accounts to my family or pals as a primary VoIP aggregator. We here can easily find a workaround by switching to Voxalot or mysipswitch, but those non-techie people wouldn't.

Last edited by 325xi; 04-03-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #9
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min. My excitement was all about ability to have reliable account with them while not paying ridiculous $15/mo. Free account, with all the problems was no good for anything but occasional experimenting or callthrough use. Have you read all those reports on locked free accounts?
I wouldn't dare to recommend free accounts to my family or pals as a primary VoIP aggregator. We here can easily find a workaround by switching to Voxalot or mysipswitch, but those non-techie people wouldn't.
just my personal thought. is PBXes in any form really appropriate at all for a non-techie person? i guess it really depends what you are trying to achieve. but i would likely recommend using consumer oriented telephony services like rebtel, mobivox, or any of thousands of others. as far as user support via a forum you really are not going to find it any better than what you get from voxalot, voipuser or mysipswitch. and that is at all price points. there really is no correlation between price and service; that is a huge myth. there is good and bad support and there is free and paid but not a connection between the two necessarily.

spg
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
tosaid

tosaid is on a distinguished road

Any Pbxes alternative out there? not necessarily free but cheaper.

Quote:
I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min.
I know you don't and we all got your point at your previous post.
tosaid is offline   Reply With Quote