Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #21
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkaff View Post
just FYI
i go to a betamax from pbxes via mysipswitch.
no problems so far...

but I use the special feature provided by mysipswitch, which allow to specify my own header p-src-ip. Otherwise mysipswitch just forward the original header p-src-ip from pbxes, while pbxes set the header p-src-ip with my real IP
Then it's strange, when not setting the P-Src-Ip header, this header will not show in a SIP trace, i get posted to my email, when setting an existing header, this header will also been seen a second time, and the INVITE still has the Mysipswitch IP address... so easy to see for any Betamax provider...

btw. i guess the P stands for Peer ? i guess the Betamax provider has a Peer yes/no list.....
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #22
mario

mario is on a distinguished road
Default FUP exceeded @voipcheap

Since I use Voxalot to call through voipcheap; I'm charged for some phone calls (FUP exceeded).

2008-07-31 19:05:07 +3222702311 00:02:42 GRATIS!
2008-07-31 19:03:16 +3222702311 (FUP overschreden) 00:00:25 € 0.010

You can see within 2 minutes; first time is charged; second time is free.

How come?

thanks,

mario
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #23
TheFug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Since I use Voxalot to call through voipcheap; I'm charged for some phone calls (FUP exceeded).

2008-07-31 19:05:07 +3222702311 00:02:42 GRATIS!
2008-07-31 19:03:16 +3222702311 (FUP overschreden) 00:00:25 € 0.010

You can see within 2 minutes; first time is charged; second time is free.

How come?

thanks,

mario
What i have noticed, is, that Voxalot is a bit picky, what kind of modem is used, and this is beyond, the NAT or proxy issue, some new modems of Linksys are a no-go, but a AM200 (also Linksys) works fine but then you have to add a switch or router, with between that, the ATA, and be able to control that ATA via the WAN side of the ATA....
The registration is a fragile setup at Voxalot, the betamax provider checking Voxalot, Voxalot checking their users, all because of the FUP issue....so things could easily go wrong.....

If you have a ATA (SPA3102) that allows multiple gateways accounts, you could try registering with 0044xxxxxxx@sip.voipcheap.com, where 0044xxx is your registered phonenumber at Voipcheap
Unread 08-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
TheFug

btw. Mario, you're using the C450IP or a ATA ?
The nice thing of the C450IP type of phone's is:
they aren't ATA's ! you're calling either with a IP phone or a analoge phone, so it's a 2 in one phone !
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #25
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Slightly off-topic I know, but I didn't want to start a new thread to ask a question:

Has anyone noticed that Betamax (or at least Voipdiscount) authenticated CID has stopped working?

I have checked that all my DIDs are verified, and I have individual entries for each in my VSP list with a corresponding dial plan for each. Whichever one I select seems to ignore my my selected CID and sends the underlying allocated number. As far as I know it has just happened today.

=======
Edit: mea culpa; it was just that Voipdiscount needed re-verifying. The strange thing was that the CID stopped working but the Voipdiscount client still showed the numbers as verified. It took 24 hours for the client to catch up. I guess the moral of the story is to wait a couple of days after CID fails on Betamax before doing anything.

Last edited by ataboy; 08-14-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Further information obtained.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #26
herman

herman is on a distinguished road

If it helps, I found that using the Betamax client at the same time as the account was registered elsewhere seemed to de-authenticate numbers.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #27
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

That's interesting. I presume you mean using the client to make calls as distinct from using it to manage settings, CID etc.?

I rarely do that, but it's useful to know that it can cause problems.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #28
TheFug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
That's interesting. I presume you mean using the client to make calls as distinct from using it to manage settings, CID etc.?

I rarely do that, but it's useful to know that it can cause problems.
No what i understand of this is, that the same account was used from different IP addresses, twice from the same IP address shouldn't matter.
that's also the FUP issue, IP addresses... the user using his account with an unique ip address, not used by others, and the other way around i guess..... a betamax build-in protection ?
Unread 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #29

441516 is on a distinguished road

Another off topic question: Does anyone know which of the Betamax product issues voip-in number for UK and also includes UK under their lict of destinations. Thanks.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #30
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 441516 View Post
Another off topic question: Does anyone know which of the Betamax product issues voip-in number for UK and also includes UK under their lict of destinations. Thanks.
As far as I'm aware, any of the brands would offer you a UK number for a €1 one-off fee.

It's a non-geographic 0560 number though, which will look a bit unusual to some people. It should be the same or similar tariff as geographic areacode numbers, and I think it is from BT for example, but some mobile networks may exclude it from inclusive minute packages; O2 certainly charges.

To get around this, you could get a number from other providers and forward it to the SIP address. There used to be a special offer that was free with one provider, but this is no longer the case and it would cost a couple of quid or so a month

For which brands have UK as a free destination if you have freedays (is that what you meant?), you can compare all the brands' tariffs at betamax price comparison . I'd suggest choose one with cheaper UK mobile calls too, though perhaps not Poivy as I suspect their recent price reduction may be temporary, and Intervoip is still fairly new
andy is offline   Reply With Quote