Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #11

191727 is on a distinguished road

i used eu.voxalot.com with voipdiscount and nonoh, and received FUP messages. but after a while i changed my IP and the FUP message stopped for nonoh, but voipdiscount continued FUP message. suddenly, since yesterday i am not getting any FUP messages. still it seems to be mysterious.

Last edited by 191727; 03-14-2008 at 11:58 PM.
191727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 12:12 AM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
It's difficult to go back and check the precise circumstances of each call. However I will do so from now onwards and eliminate public WiFi spots and so on. Enough people seem to be saying that they have no problem to make me believe that it might at my end.

Thanks for your feedback!

ataboy
Just a heads up ataboy, that little setup that will let you use VoXalot via CallThru (through PBXes), as of toninght calls placed that way are showing FUP for me with InternetCalls

However calls directly through VoXalot via the ATA are still fine for me....

Something is definitely brewing......
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #13
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Hallo!

https://forum.voipbuster.com//viewto...t=pbxes#p61645

Regards,
Fla
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #14
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquadrat View Post
It seems as if a switch flipped somewhere though, because until the end of last month placing calls through PBXes using InternetCalls worked fine for me...

Also, after implementing the P-Src-Ip in their headers, MySipSwitch was also working ok, it too has been having problems now

It seems as if VoXalot is right now the only hosted solution that's relatively safe from this, for now (let's not jinx it )

BetaMax is BetaMax is BetaMax, you get what you pay
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #15
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
It seems as if VoXalot is right now the only hosted solution that's relatively safe from this, for now (let's not jinx it )
I wholeheartedly agree with that comment, emoci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
BetaMax is BetaMax is BetaMax, you get what you pay
That's very true. Betamax is a nice-to-have and the speech quality is good but its business model is such that you take your chances on any consistency of operation.

I'm coming to the conclusion that if I want the convenience of using functions such as the callthrough to Voxalot over the PSTN using PBXes (that you mentioned in a previous post) I should be prepared to route the final leg of the setup through a provider that I can rely on. And if that means spending a penny or so a minute, so be it.

Having said that, much of the fun of being a VoIP tinkerer is discovering these tricks and tweaks and having such support and guidance from people such as yourself and Voxalot. On the way we learn what works and what doesn't - and what is worth paying for (and what isn't!)

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with that comment, emoci.

That's very true. Betamax is a nice-to-have and the speech quality is good but its business model is such that you take your chances on any consistency of operation.

I'm coming to the conclusion that if I want the convenience of using functions such as the callthrough to Voxalot over the PSTN using PBXes (that you mentioned in a previous post) I should be prepared to route the final leg of the setup through a provider that I can rely on. And if that means spending a penny or so a minute, so be it.

Having said that, much of the fun of being a VoIP tinkerer is discovering these tricks and tweaks and having such support and guidance from people such as yourself and Voxalot. On the way we learn what works and what doesn't - and what is worth paying for (and what isn't!)

ataboy
as i have talkedo different betamax users i seem to have come to the conclusion that you dramatically decrease your chance of running into FUP problems(at least with voxalot or direct with your ATA) if you only use one account. they clearly state in the voipbuster forums in several places that multiple account with a single brand is against the FUP and will get you permanently barred from using any service in the future and will forfeit without refund any credit you have on any betamax accounts. but even users of multiple accounts with different brands seem to have more problems than those that just use one account. destination also seem to be an issue. if you call higher cost destination(even paid destination that may be subsidised) such as Pakistan, India or Russia it seems to increase your chance of running into FUP issues and blocked accounts.

at this point i have heard about enough issues that i have simply chosen to use other option in place of betamax. there are lots of SIP termination services out there with great rates and call quality to choose from. and for any of the more expensive destinations that i call(mostly euro cell phones) i get far better rates(and excellent voice quality) using scratch of calling cards than with any SIP based service including the least expensive from betamax or anyone else.

spg
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road
Default Pbxes News

Hallo!

https://forum.voipbuster.com//viewto...2afd89a#p61859

by gragons at forum.voipbuster.com, 4:10 am, 19-03-2008
##################################################
As of today, the P-src-ip header has been implemented across all of the PBXes servers.

So, whatever PBXes could do to indicate the unique IP of a SIP User Agent to any Betamax trunk used for an outgoing call, is now present in the signaling of every call attempt.

As a result of this change, it is now completely up to Betamax to revise their FUP calculation, not to include the peer's IP as well as the P-src-ip header in it. PBXes is looking for an exception from Betamax similar to Voxalot's, for which the FUP calculation is solely based on the P-src-ip header.

The relevant peer FQDNs which need to be excluded are the following:

• pbxes.org
• wwwXX.pbxes.com where X = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
########################################

Regards,
Fla
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquadrat View Post

by gragons at forum.voipbuster.com, 4:10 am, 19-03-2008
##################################################
As of today, the P-src-ip header has been implemented across all of the PBXes servers.
Maybe I changed something (I don't think I have) but now when I test callthrough PBXes->Voxalot->Betamax I get "all circuits are busy now" and no call connection at all.

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe I changed something (I don't think I have) but now when I test callthrough PBXes->Voxalot->Betamax I get "all circuits are busy now" and no call connection at all.

ataboy

i do recall reading in the voipbuster forums statements that i believe are from betamax representatives that state that any attempt to circumvent there FUP policies without there prior coordination would be considered fraud and all accounts involved would be blocked. on the other hand it does seem as though betamax uses discretion in what accounts they block(maybe based on prior profitably of each customer?) but i would be weary of using a betamax account with much funds on balance before there has been some confirmation from betamax that they agree to PBXes use of the IP header.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:50 AM   #20
shkaff

shkaff is on a distinguished road

just FYI
i go to a betamax from pbxes via mysipswitch.
no problems so far...

but I use the special feature provided by mysipswitch, which allow to specify my own header p-src-ip. Otherwise mysipswitch just forward the original header p-src-ip from pbxes, while pbxes set the header p-src-ip with my real IP

Last edited by shkaff; 04-07-2008 at 05:54 AM.
shkaff is offline   Reply With Quote