Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
druids

druids is on a distinguished road
Default Please help!

I sign up for free voxalot and I set up my ATA( Grand stream 286), I added 2 voice provider (one for here in NA and one for Europe), I configured the dial plans .But it is not working.I have dial tone on the phone attached, I tried echo test..nothing happend but I hear the instructions which probably means that I was connected to voxalot.I dialed the number and..nothing happened.no ring..no message..on the beginnig I put by mistake a dot in the dial plan and then I received an error mesage telling me the dial plan not working..Any Ideea? Can somebody help me please?Thks!
druids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by druids View Post
I sign up for free voxalot and I set up my ATA( Grand stream 286), I added 2 voice provider (one for here in NA and one for Europe), I configured the dial plans .But it is not working.I have dial tone on the phone attached, I tried echo test..nothing happend but I hear the instructions which probably means that I was connected to voxalot.I dialed the number and..nothing happened.no ring..no message..on the beginnig I put by mistake a dot in the dial plan and then I received an error mesage telling me the dial plan not working..Any Ideea? Can somebody help me please?Thks!

Well it sounds like a dial plan issue. Now it's either the Dial Plan on your ATA or the way you've set up Smat Call/Dial Plans on VoXalot...

The dial plan on the ATA should look like [*x][*x]. However I am not familiar with GrandStream 286 so you may need to tweak that to fit with how it prefers dial plans.

As for VoXalot, under SmartCall/Dial Plans you'll find a test call field. Enter there a number as you are dialing from your phone and see how your dial plans route that call....

On a sidenote, you may want to dial # after dialing a number to speed up the dialing process (it should reduce that empty space you hear just before the call takes place...)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
druids

Thks for reply.I was thinking it might be the dial plan..I used the test call and I received a message telling me that the number can be dialed or something..is that possible if I will print screen the dial plan page to take a look?or some examples..I found some examples but sincerely..it is first time for me working with this stuff.
Unread 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
druids

actthis is what I get when I tried test cal:"A call to:_1xxxxxxxxxxx ${EXTEN} will not get forwarded "..Any ideea?
Unread 01-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
actthis is what I get when I tried test cal:"A call to:_1xxxxxxxxxxx ${EXTEN} will not get forwarded "..Any ideea?
Are you typing a number into the test call field before clicking the "Test Call" button?

Judging by the error message, you appear to be typing in the dial plan entry instead of th number you want to test.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
druids

Yup..after I put numbers..the test it is working but not the phone..I have a dial tone..echo test working..but..after that I dialed I do not hear ringing or any other sound except for background noise..What should I do?should try to change the Grandstream with something elese? I still need help..
Thks
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Yup..after I put numbers..the test it is working but not the phone..I have a dial tone..echo test working..but..after that I dialed I do not hear ringing or any other sound except for background noise..What should I do?should try to change the Grandstream with something elese? I still need help..
Thks
So what does the Dial Plan test say now when you enter a proper number?

What are the providers you are using for outbound calls (are you sure your details for these providers have been set appropriately)?

What does your dial plan in the GrandStream look like right now?
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
druids

dial test is saying taht the number will be forwarded and I tried both providers and it worked.I have Acanac and smatcall for overseas and I used same settings that I have right know in the other ATA.I do not know where is the dial plan in GS..thks
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #9
druids

still not working..I read somewhere that I have to set-up for two audio way..how?
Unread 01-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
emoci

Quote:
dial test is saying taht the number will be forwarded and I tried both providers and it worked.I have Acanac and smatcall for overseas and I used same settings that I have right know in the other ATA.I do not know where is the dial plan in GS..thks
What other ATA do you have?