Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
hust

hust is on a distinguished road
Default Two things i want Voxalot to do

Two things i want Voxalot to do:

1. To operate VoxRoam(include ANI callback) as soon as possible;

2. To develop a mobile software client(Java is the best) for callback ,and cut down client's data traffic.

IMHO, these above two things are more important than Voxalot facebook application Voxcall for us members. I have set up Voxcall application in my facebook account, but i have never used it except echo test.

Voxalot become popular because it can help us to get the cheapest phone bill. Most Voxalot members register Voxalot because they have been using VOIP provider's service(e.g. BETAMAX ...etc) to save money . So, providing more ways(especially on mobile) to help Voxalot members to save their money should forever be an important topic for Voxalot.

Last edited by hust; 12-03-2007 at 03:28 PM.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I think that voxcall will use the power of facebook to get more voxalot members to sign up, these members may go premium and make more money for voxalot who can then hopefully use this to enhance the service.

It is interesting that the two features you suggested would not be used very often by myself.

My two things at the moment would be

1. Privacy Manager - asks anonymous callers to enter their phone number before your phone rings.

2. Ring Groups

I would also like to see call through too which I suppose is voxroam.

I have seen many of these features with other services and I am very tempted to switch but will probably look at trying to use them with voxalot as Voxalot is very easy to set up and has excellent support.

Overall, I would like to see voxalot develop to have all the features that the others offer and more but retain the value for money fee and excellent support group that it has.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road

You guys make great suggestions. I am especially interested in the handset application and have already developed some ideas for Voxalot / Sipbroker here:

Markus Göbel's Tech News Comments: Packet8 MobileTalk could be done much better

This week I will check out a handset application that automatically decides whether to connect a call by GSM, callback, callthrough or Wifi. Sounds great! Let's see if it will live up to my idea of a "mobile VoIP dream application".
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
hust

Default A great article about mobile Voip

Hi, Mgoebel and All

A great article about mobile Voip named "Which Mobile Voip to choose?"

Detail,see here:Which Mobile VoIP to Choose? - VoIP News

Also, hope Voxalot to consider how to help members to cut down mobile phone bill. Voxalot has advantage at this point.
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I have been taking a look at pbxes this week and it seems to have a lot of features that are missing from Voxalot. I am assuming that they are standard features of asterisk so why are they not enabled on Voxalot. I especially like the ability to use extensions and may have to look at using it in conjunction with Voxalot. Do voxalot plan to bring us all of the features of pbxes.com?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
I have been taking a look at pbxes this week and it seems to have a lot of features that are missing from Voxalot. I am assuming that they are standard features of asterisk so why are they not enabled on Voxalot. I especially like the ability to use extensions and may have to look at using it in conjunction with Voxalot. Do voxalot plan to bring us all of the features of pbxes.com?
I assume, the missing features are more of programming issue....One thing PBXes have done, is leave most of the usual Asterisk PBX interface untouched, which proves confusing until you get used to it.

Some other issues at PBXes are:
-The monthly price for premium
-They are picky about having multiple accounts. If your account becomes blocked/limited either going paid or making $50 donation is the only way to regain access to it. Getting in touch with them seems hard (there isn't much contact info)
-Their Premium-Only forums mean new users test driving the system on their Free Plan get no initial support

That said, VoXalot (Free or Premium) is ideal for VSP/Dial Plan configuration. It can then be used in conjuction with PBXes or MySipSwitch to make up for certain features...

I am in the process of testing something that should also make it possible to use your VoXalot dial plans in conjuction with ANI CallBack (...suspense grows )

Finally, this Voice-over-IP gateway for Google Talk, MSN and Yahoo Users caught my attention after mgoebel's post... It has been on Gtalk2Voip's site for a while and I haven't heard much about it. One thing that seems promising (which I need to test) is that the software runs on just about any JAVA capable phone. On the other hand GTalk2Voip will let you specify VoXalot as an outgoing provider (and may even let you receive--iffy about this-- your VoXalot calls via that software on non-Symbian phones that do not support VoIP registration or Fring otherwise)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
voipbrasil

voipbrasil is on a distinguished road
Default The good things

I want the good things from PBXES and something like a TringMe - Web based Telephony It is great.
voipbrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #8
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

I have used voxalot, mysipswitch, pbxes extensively and net2max somewhat.

For quite sometime I was really using pbxes a lot; mostly for routing calls from sipbroker/voxalot and international DIDs to phones via different VSPs. It worked well except that it was a bit complicated and could only handle 2 calls at one time. Mysipswitch has recently been upgraded to handle forwarding to multiple locations and can handle an unlimited number of calls. I now use it for any type of routing to phones. I have even noticed a slightly better voice quality on average. This may be because there is no audio path through mysipswitch and there for no chance for degradation. The only thing I miss from pbxes is the call detail log. I still use pbxes for call through; but I will be switching that over to net2max which offer all types of functionality not found on other platforms including: callback using your own providers, all classic PBX type features including IVR and the ability to route calls to gtalk, yahoo, aol, msn and skype. you can call skype users even if you have never had a skype account yourself. this is very different from mobivox, nimbuzz, and barablu which allow you to import skype contacts(but you most join skype first and calls are route through your own skype accounts) So between mysipswitch and net2max my PBXes account has gone from being heavily used to being my backup solution. Although I can not complain it served me well. I very much prefer free solutions with the exception of call termination. If you do not mind paying a little and want every possible functionality I would suggest looking into EasyPABX. This used to be a free service; it is now available on a pay by channel basis. The quote I got on inquiry was very reasonable. You can sign in for free on a demo basis and play around with it all you like but will not be able to connect outside the platform without negotiating for paid services.

Junction networks also offer an al a carte PBX system called onsip that has limited free functionality. But you will not be able to call phone numbers without buying termination services from junction since it does not allow third party VSPs. If anyone has experimented with this service I would be interested in hearing your experience. When I took a look at it a while back I though it would be very interesting for inbound calls to multiple SIP phones with extension transfer capabilities, etc.

spg

p.s. i almost forgot to mention that voxalot is any excellent service with a really great support team. thanks.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #9
hust

Default Data traffic less than 0.5KB

Tokiva claims that its mobile software client only uses less than 0.5KB to trigger a callback.

See here:
Tokiva | Friends In Your Pocket
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
gotalkvoip

gotalkvoip is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
I have used voxalot, mysipswitch, pbxes extensively and net2max somewhat.

mysipswitch
howdy glad I've come past your post, well I've already played around with voxalot but seems like mysipswitch might be the service I need,.

basically want to have one main VSP account that will forward to different determined numbers determined by the VSP/caller calling into my main VSP account,.

if that makes sense :-) though I doubt I will find anyway way to determine what VSP is calling in from the CID unless there is another way

well I'll spend the rest of the morning checking out mysipswitch

thanks

Last edited by gotalkvoip; 03-20-2008 at 02:44 PM.
gotalkvoip is offline   Reply With Quote